1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Andrea paint set for skin

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by pinsel, May 8, 2011.

1. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    i tried out the andrea paint set for skin painting.the colours blend very well and in this they are better to work with than the Revell acrylics i used so far.
    the paint set is good to use even if i can not understand the small leaflet comes with it and shall show how one use them.but this is because of my meager painting skills not due the fault of the company producing it.
    anyway its very convinient and saves time in mixing colours.even an small drop can be spread out widely with water.so the 17ml of the bottle should last for many figures.
    so far i am satisfied with them.and will stay for the next time with time.

Attached Files:

2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I've used this set myself Markus. Once you've got used to it I would recommend the addition a couple of other colours. For example a wash of magenta to add some solour to the nose and cheeks.

Roger.
  3. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    I agree; while they take some getting used to, they can be a little 'flat'. so adding some other colours for cheek/ lip tones, or even some purple/ blue for 5o'clock shadow will help.

you'll find what works for you, looking forward to your work on this one!

Cheers
  4. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello
    yes indeed the dry very matt.other that the Revells which have an slight shine in them.specialy in colours of reds and blues.this was always an desater when it came to red coats of napoleonic brits.
    i have bought the red set too from andrea.and the base red dried matt and not with an slight sheen the Revell paint did create.
    i think an slight wash with red an blues maybe even an small amount of greens might add an dramatic touch
    thanks for your comments
    cheers
  5. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    some more paint
  6. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    face done rest startet

Attached Files:

7. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Great start Markus.
    I'm looking forward to completion.

Mitsutaka.
  8. hsm Member

Canada
    These are what I use. These are also available through my site-toysoldiertoronto.com.

Grant
  9. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Hi m8 - these paints work very much on pimentation and coverage, I feel personally that the Revell's/Tamiya & Humbrol accrylics are very much better suited to aircraft/armour and other non figure subjects. I stick to Vallejo as a greater rule and to a lesser extent Life Color (their German uniform painting set/camo etc is excellent, I swear by them) which is also good and gives good coverage with little "fuss" - gloss in particular is not a problem and if evident some matt clear added or coated on, normally works. The Andrea set you have is very good, Games Colors could also be an area worth investigating as the colors are very good indeed.
  10. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello
    thanks Mitsutaka
    indeed i think that revells are not made for painting figures.if one compares the blending abilities of the colours andrea to revell then one sees that andres is around 4 times as easy spread out on an surface
    an GAMES WORKSHOP colours are an great choice too specialy in metal colours
    cheers
  11. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    and some pattern
    maybe the contrast would be bigger with white fur but no sniper would run around with an white inner fur lining making him highly visible in any cover he would using.
    so for the more plain realistic.
    i opted for the oakleave pattern in the version blurred edge wich is more dense that the pure oakleave.simply because i like it much more than the italian pattern and it simply suited the SS look better.the paintinh was done in an mix of andrea and revell colours.revell for the base and due to the fine spreading abilies the leaves with andrea mixes.some washes to folds and dark brown rendering of seems where the last things done on it.so far some more highlights to the fur lapels at front for my taste but mostly finished.

cheers

Attached Files: