1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Andrea Miniatures

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Guy, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Some new releases for December from Andrea

Andrea's web page

Sioux Warrior 1860
    54mm white metal
    sculpter : Joaquin Palacios
    painter: Jose Polomares

[IMG]

US Cavalryman Loading Carbine 1876
    54mm white metal
    sculpter & painter unknown

[IMG]

Vultures
    54mm white metal

[IMG]

Springfield rifle box
    54mm white metal

[IMG]

Sunflowers
    54mm white metal

[IMG]

American Civil war weopons
    54mm white metal

[IMG]
  2. jitch0t Member

Spain
    The Sioux Warrior is sculpted by Joaquin Palacios and painted by Jose M. Palomares.

Regards
  3. Billhoran New Member

United-States
    These all look great.

Hey painters out there! Be careful about the yellow neckercief on the Cavalryman. Contrary to Hollywood movie lore, yellow neckerchiefs were never issued to cavalrymen. Some chose to tie their own privately purchased hankies around their necks, but it was not a particularly widespread practice. The shirt could be any color you like (some soldiers bought their own shirts from sutlers), but the U.S. Army issue shirt was a light gray color.

A great book on the subject is "Boots and Saddles at the Little Bighorn".

Bill
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Daniel.....I thought the Souix was Joaquin's........starting to recognize his work....but was not positive.
  5. jitch0t Member

Spain
    Hey Guy!

I'm sure he was going to post this but... :lol: Check this thread to see the original piece.

Regards
  6. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Vultures are.... interesting.

May be a vignette with a couple of the recently released sheep?

Keith
  7. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    I hate to say this, but the Vultures are DEFINETELY inspired by Old World Griffon vultures, a species of which there are still a few left in Spain (where Andrea come from) and the rest of southern Europe. They have NOTHING whatsoever to do with New World, American West Vultures and would look totally out of place in any far west diorama - real far west vultures would have been more likely of the species Turkey vultures, which look very different.

About the Sioux - it looks like a 54mm version of the old Poste Militaire Blackfoot warrior ... sorry.

And the cavalry trooper - I'm still looking for authentic pictures which show this kind of uniform for a US Cavalry trooper ca. 1876. I've seen it in Hollywood movies and comics however.

Sorry, but I'm not at all impressed with these new Andrea releases.