1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Andrea Miniatures Looter Bust - Julio Cabos Workshop 2014

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    It's been a long time since I have posted anything, mostly due to not having been very active in the figure world as of late. However, during the 2014 edition of the Lone Star Figure Show held in Dallas Texas, I was able to participate in the workshop put on by Mr. Julio Cabos. The workshop was a ton of fun and was a much needed spark in my return to this hobby of ours.

The bust was painted entirely with Andrea acrylic paint and was completed during the workshop. Due to me having some show responsibilities I had to leave the workshop from time to time to attend show business. As a result I estimate the total time spent on this bust to be approximately 10-11 hours. I managed to get the bust finished in time to get it entered into the show, where to much of my surprise it was awarded the best pirate figure, which was pretty cool.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the finished bust. I have not touched it since the workshop, hence there are some white areas showing through here and there. The bust and the workshop really helped me getting into the swing of things again and I have been very active since the end of the show. I will post some of the other figures I have completed since then shortly.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Nice and clearly a speedy job Anders. Welcome back. Looking forward to seeing what else you have done.

Colin
    captnenglish likes this.
  3. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Good to see you back dude! Nice pirate, looking forward to seeing more of your recent work!
    Pete
  4. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    welcome back, good start well done.

cheers zane
  5. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Welcome back that is some serious speed painting
    Cheers Chris
  6. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Beautiful work
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    welcome back Anderz. It's good to see you back on the brushes.
    And how??

Marc
  8. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Nice to have you back in the saddle so to speak.

cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  9. Christosjager A Fixture

Greece
    nice to hear from you Anders, nice work
  10. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Great work Anders............still as good as ever.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  11. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back! Though this piece obviously is not a master piece it really helped getting back into the painting swing of things!