1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Andrea Miniatures 250mm Adolf Galland

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Blue Thunder, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    Heck! I started this miniature way back in 2010-2011! :hilarious: And it's still in progress!

I purchased it as a second hand flop from a very good friend. It lacked all small parts ... but the price was small too

I removed the most I could the original white primer: I didn't used bleech or owen cleaner fearing it could etch the white metal alloy. So an old hard brush, steel wool and a bit of patience removed the most I could the original effort.

Now here's the initial face - Liquin mixed oils over white primer mixed with humbrol flesh:

[IMG]

Next capturing Galland facials. Many thanks to many, particularly to Hal Marshman Sr. and Giovanni Loca who supplied me everything I could wish regarding physical characteristics and uniform decoration.

[IMG]

One year after, (yep one year! :happy: ) I started the sheep jacket: Many claim it is a captured british jacket others state it's a non standard jacket, something common in aviation since it's very beginnings and still maintained in present times. Andrea made a perfectly match to the real and well known photograph.

[IMG]

Next, we fly another year and move to present times :happy: as you see my free time is not the best I could wish! The miniature lacked all tiny pieces. I emailed Andrea miniatures and after payment, they were indeed fast in supplying all the missing parts.

So, after all these ups and downs, I took some time detailing the warm jacket collar.

[IMG]

Heck! When I see these shots I bang my head inquiring myself why didn't I saw a brown spot on the right collar - time to correct these tweaks before detailing the leather jacket

Well ... three years later ... here's the figure so far:

[IMG]

One thing is granted - I cleared everything I had in my workbench ensuring I would strictly focus in finishing this great miniature. To commit myself once and for all, I'm sharing with this extraordinary community!

Please feel free to criticize! Sharing thoughts is one of the pillars of improvement! Just do it, please!

And happy modelling to all my friends!

Best regards,
    Nuno
    Redcap, Tarracus, yeo_64 and 4 others like this.
  2. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    I always liked this bust. Nice.

Colin
  3. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well worth the wait!
    Love the technique with the lambs wool collar - works really well :happy:
  4. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    Guys, thank you immensely! Rich, thanks. May I just say that the lambs wool collar alone took almost as much time as all the rest together . :hilarious:

I hope I can finished it as soon as possible! Here's my scale model of Galland's Emil during the Battle of Britain.

I intent to place both the finished bust and the aircraft, even if scales are different, together in a display base:

[IMG]

[IMG]

Keep watching! Galland will be finished soon :hilarious: (I hope! ... :)
    Tarracus likes this.
  5. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    And upper part practically done ... but this dang leather jacket ... still so many things to be done :depressed:

[IMG]
    Redcap likes this.