1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Andrea Miniatures 1/10 Warrior of the North

Discussion in 'Brutal Honesty - Critique Center' started by Bigmick, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Bigmick Active Member

United-Kingdom
    1/10 scale resin bust, my first attempt at an Andrea Miniatures figure, also my first attempt at non metallic metal on the sword (darn you Ben Komets) and second proper try at loaded brush technique for the face (Ben Komets has a lot to answer for), all painted with Vallejo acrylics and Army Painter inks, predominantly strong tone and soft tone on the Dire Wolf fur cloak.
    I hope you like him.
    Regards.

Mick.

20170713203912_1.jpg 20170713204010_1.jpg 20170713203803_1.jpg
    housecarl, balder, OldTaff and 8 others like this.
  2. megroot PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    Nice work.

Marc
  3. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Mick,you've captured the likeness of Sean Bean well really like the earth tones and leather your metal work looks the part
    Best regards
    Paul
  4. sippog PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Very nice work. The muted palette is very effective, just enough drama. (y)
  5. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Very nice Mick! The NMM effect on the sword is very well done and the face is great.

Great bust,
    Ken
  6. Bigmick Active Member

United-Kingdom
    And to my great delight he got a silver in sci fi/fantasy busts at Scale Model World
    OldTaff likes this.
  7. Bigmick Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Brilliant as ever Nap and guess who's been added to the stash, love the Vallejo paint list in the tinned busts, made ordering another thirty quids worth of paint a doddle, bless Sean at SnMStuff.
    Mick
  8. captfue Active Member

United-States
    Wonderful painting, enjoy your style and results.
  9. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Nicely painted bust. Would have added a bit more shadow to the face to get more depth but I'm nitpicking really. There's a great video on YouTube that shows this bust being painted. Well worth a look.
    John
  10. Bigmick Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi John,
    I managed to get the DVD on how to paint him by Julio Cabos, will get round to watching it soon, but tried loaded brush ala Ben Komets, I made a lash up on the u boat commander trying to push the contrast so stopped this one when it looked ok.

Mick
  11. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi Mick for me the face is superb. There is a tendancy to push the contrasts too far for artistic effect resulting in faces that are more fantasy than reality. Glad that your efforts were rewarded.

Keith