1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Andrea Hussar Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by johnbrewer, Feb 11, 2004.

1. johnbrewer New Member

Hi all, well the decision has been made and I have gone for the Andrea Hussar bust. Hopefully it will be here soon and the fun can begin!.
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I look forward to seeing this one John! I hope you do an sbs on him as well.
  3. johnbrewer New Member

Hello guy, the plan is for a sbs if you guys can put up with me again. The comments you all made on the last project were a real help.
  4. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    John-

I enjoyed and learned from your earlier sbs on the Korean General. So post away

Keith
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    John, you work is welcome anytime...........you're a fine artist and we enjoy seeing your creations.........bring it on!!!! I'll just pull up my chair and wait!
  6. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi All

I was lucky enough to see the Korean General in the flesh so to speak and he is a lovely paint of a lovely figure, bring it on I am gonna pull up a pew and sit and yarn with Guy till it starts.

Robin
  7. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    My notepad is ready!

-jim cox
  8. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey John!

Would love to see this one come together in form of SBS! Really enjoyed your Korean General bust and I am sure this will be equally enjoyable! The bust you are about to do is really a nice looking bust, looking forward to your version of it!
  9. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    John,

I will wait with the others but I would have liked to have seen a tartan!

Joe
  10. johnbrewer New Member

OK Joe, I promise that the next figure will have some tartan on it. I am thinking Lattore can you suggest any others?.
  11. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    David Grieve?
  12. johnbrewer New Member

Well the box has arrived and I have not been disappointed. As I suspected the majority of the bust is in resin, with the attachemnts being white metal. The metal parts are really nicelyt cast up with only the earings being a bit "iffy". I will replace these with some home made ones!.

The resin parts have cast up really well with no air bubbles in sight. there are moulds seams to deal with. the arm is the worst in this respect. I imagine that there will be a couple of hours scrapping to get it looking all nice and smooth.

The face is very nice. I do not like the way that Andrea have the moustache of the busts as a white metal part. However this does mean you can get a nice curl on the ends. The plume in white metal is a triumph of casting, how do they get it out of the mould?.

A slip of paper is supplied which gives the Andrea colour references.One small moan which is not restricted to Andrea. It says on the slip if you have any damaged or missing parts to contact Andrea, but dear reader how do you know a part is missing if you have no part list?.

Pictures of bits to follow
  13. johnbrewer New Member

resin bits

Attached Files:

14. johnbrewer New Member

metal bits!

Attached Files:

15. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey John,

I look forward to seeing this painted. Now for the tartan ;) The one from Elite is good and if you want a later time period you can check out Debra Raymond's Highlander Major Black Watch http://www.militaryfigures.co.uk/ I think I may just have a go at this one myself.

Joe
  16. johnbrewer New Member

I have now done all of the clean up work that is needed. This took me approx 1 hour. This was a case of me taking too much time. It was done while a new exhaust pipe (tail pipe) was being fitted on the car, I may not be able to afford to model for at least 6 months!!!!!! :eek: . I have taken the step of putting a pin through the plume and holder and down into the bust. In my opinion the plume in white metal is too heavy (16g) and long for a simple joint and needs the strength of a pin.

I have yet to decide on the regiment, but do like the look of the 5th.

Attached Files:

17. johnbrewer New Member

Here is a pic of the bust with mosty of the parts put on. The hair plaits being cast in white metal are a real boon as they be bent to get a really nice hang to them.

Attached Files:

18. Patrick Kirk New Member

My friend,
    Excellent piece; can't wait to see you bring him to life in the colors of the 5th...
    Looks like a great piece! I like the mixed media, too...
    Hope all is well...

Patrick
  19. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looks like your going to have a blast painting this one John! Gorgeous figure. Have fun painting it and please keep us posted.
  20. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    John,

He looks like a beauty. I look forward to seeing your paint job on him. (y)

Joe