1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Andrea Depot USA: New distribution in USA!

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by FIGURE INTERNATIONAL, Feb 11, 2011.

1. FIGURE INTERNATIONAL New Member

United-States
    IMPORTANT NOTICE!

This February 2011 ANDREA DEPOT USA Inc. starts operating in Corpus Christi, Texas, as a the distribution branch of MINIATURAS ANDREA S.L.

Andrea Depot USA will distribute in the United States and Canada territories Andrea Miniatures metal kits, Black Hawk figures - Toy Soldier Line, white metal and resin cast figures already painted and assembled in 54mm- and also Figure International Magazine, the only figure magazine sold worldwide, published simultaneously in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish, along with latest published book 'General G.A. Custer to the Little Big Horn' written by Steve Alexander, known to be foremost Custer living historian.

Figure International Magazine # 36 is now available from Andrea Depot USA. Some 32, 33, and 35 issues are also available, but there are few left on our stock.

Andrea Depot USA apologizes for all the inconveniences and misunderstandings caused and thanks all of you for your patience, support and your business.

ANDREA DEPOT USA, INC.
    1822 HOLLY RD., SUITE 110
    CORPUS CHRISTI, TEXAS 78417
    USA
    Phone: 361-334-1625
    Fax: 361-334-2955
    andreadepot@grandecom.net
    www.andreadepotusa.com

Attached Files:

2. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ahhh, Steve Alexander is a reenactor, not a historian. I am sure he has accumulated a wealth of knowlege about the man he portrays but Elizabeth Taylor played Cleopatra too and no one considered her an authority on Ptolemian Egypt. Just sayin'.
  3. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent. Hopefully we will be able to get some customer service out of Andrea now. That other outfit would never reply to emails.
  4. wallbee New Member

United-States
    Everybody moves to texas sooner or later!
  5. poetwarrior Member

Wow! There's a severely flawed analogy Steve. Just sayin'.

Elizabeth Taylor actually portrayed one of, at least, nine Cleopatras in the succession of those who ruled Ptolemian Egypt. Quite inaccurately too, as one might expect from 1950's Hollywood or any other period for that matter.

I don't know Steve Alexander personally, but have heard he's got the chops to back up his knowledge of Custer despite being a 'reenactor'. In fact, I know a lot of reenactors who are historians and some who may not be, in the traditional sense, but no less command an above average knowledge of history and historical interpretation much the same as some figure painters who might consider themselves historians. Quite simply a historian is a writer of history and it appears Steve Alexander fits the bill.

Not sure why he's considered a "living historian" though, he certainly isn't a dead one. Just sayin'
  6. combatartist Active Member

United-States
    I tried to call in my "renewal"-no answer. Can't access their website either, but will TRY to get a subscription...
  7. combatartist Active Member

United-States
    I received a call from Andrea this a.m. (caller ID said "Insurance Services"?). They took my order for $49.95 w/figure, and sent me 2 emails with their website, etc. I wish HM was still being published, we need more of these types of category specific magazines.