1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Andre 54mm Piper

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by BarrieHynd, Feb 1, 2009.

1. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Hello all, new to PF and thought i would let you all see this fig i finished so i could get some feed back as to how i can improve. The fig is undercoated with humbrol enamels and finished off with oils. Hope you enjoy.
    Barrie.

Attached Files:

2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Barrie,
    first of all welcome aboard, and thanks for posting up your work. Looks like you did a nice job with this little fellow. The plaids are nice, the argyle socks are great and over all the colors work very well. My only small quibble would be that maybe you could push the shadows a tad more, particularly in between the fingers, maybe on the shield, but over all a great job! Hope to see many more from you in the future!

Jay H.
    OKc
  3. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    Good work Barrie. I agree with Jay on every point, ending up with more shadow. Of course shadow washes out at distance so this may just be a result of your shooting distance, but a little more appears to be in order. Thanks for showing.--
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    G'day from Perth, Western Australia Barrie, and welcome to Planet Figure mate.

Lovely work on the piper, and congratulations on a first class job on the tartan.
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Welcome to the planet.
    You did a wonderfull job on this Piper, and i must agree with the others that more shading bring in the dept at the figure.
    But the Tartan looks great.

Marc
  6. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Barrie, I have to agree with everyone else thats posted here. How did this kit go together, as I have always liked this kit but never bought it.
    Ben
  7. Brent Fordham New Member

Canada
    Hi Barrie,

Great work - I really like the tartan. Thanks for posting.
  8. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Barrie
    As others have said, a great job on the plaid.
    Convincing sense of the wind in his face, maybe push the grass at a bit of an angle
    to emphasise.
    Smashing.
    Regards
    Derek
  9. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Everyone, thanks for your input,have taken the shading advice on board and will work on that for the next time.
    Ben, the kit went together really well with no problems. The front of the kilt being a seperate part certainly helps.
    Barrie