1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Anders in Yankee and Guerilla outfits!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey guys!

Here is some pictures of me in some Civil War uniforms. Did a casting call for an upcomming documentary about Jesse James and they took some pictures for your portfolio.

The pictures are pictures of pictures, when I get my scanner working again I'll switch them so they look like the real deal instead of these crappy shots.

The first two are Guerilla impressions, typical look; tall boots, tan pants, suspenders, checkered shirt, ugly hat and some guns, although they would pack on as many guns they could I only got two in these shots.

[IMG]

[IMG]

This shot is of a Union Cavalry impression, typical outfit again, armed with a sharps carbine and a cavalry sabre.

This shot shows more of my horse as well. This was the first time she had been around fire and cavalry drills, she did great on the drills and the sabre fights and didnt mind all the equipment hanging and slapping around (Shes more of a cow horse, ropes real well!) but she wasnt too sure about all the shooting! As a result I have a welt on my knee from the sharps barrel slapping it when she was bucking, rearing up and just plain objecting getting shot at by a bunch of guerilla's! She did a lot better at the end of the day and she should come around soon.

[IMG]
  2. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    hey Anders, are you going to add "Re-enactor" to your already growing resume?! :lol: Seriously, the shots look authentic. You should maybe keep an eye toward this. BEAUTIFUL horse! Damn those are some rich colors. Keep us posted on how everything turns out. I like Gray's idea too! Log it for future reference.

Jim Patrick
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Gray and Jim!

I was thinking of maybe doing the Guerilla one someday, but that will be a while! Kind of a boring pose though, but maybe would work pretty well for a single 54mm figure. I would almost like to include the horse as well as I have never painted one, and I'd like to try it! I have good reference for one anyways!
  4. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Well the horse looks good........... ;)

The sling over the shoulder, is that a holder for the rifle when riding?
    Im working on a cavalry man from 17th century and it looks very familiar.
    I always imagened a leatherholster for the rifle on the harness during the ACW.
  5. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Nice work Anders ! I especially like the Union cavalryman, in fact he could represent a "Pony soldier" from the Plains wars of the 1860'ies ... gee, how do you get them so LIFELIKE? :lol: ;)
  6. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Tjena Janne,

Yes, it is the carbine sling! "Boots" on the saddle were common to stick the carbines barrel into so it wont be hanging down, but unfortunately I dont have one!

Johan,

Most of The soldiers who fought the indians had a different rifle, with a trap door and used shells, the one I got is still paper rolled ball and black powder!
  7. Evan August New Member

Nice pictures, Anders. I'm sure the real ones will show the detail much better, but for now these are ok. I think that both would make good subjects for figures, especially the Guerilla. By the way, congratulations on the job with Warriors, looking forward to seeing your stuff out on the market. Being interested in the Civil War myself, could you tell me if you are a re-enactor? I ask because this is something I have thought about getting involved with myself, but I'm not sure how I would go about it.
  8. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Anders,

I was really referring to the war years ca. 1865 - 1869, when the Cheyenne gave the pony soldiers hell out on the plains of Kansas and Colorado. I'm quite sure both sides used Civil War weapons, like Spencer carbines etc. By 1869 some indians and soldiers may have had Winchester yellow boys too.

I believe the one you refer to is the springfield trapdoor carbine model 1871 such as used by Custer's troops at LBH; unfortunately Verlinden have included this one in their mounted 120mm figure of a civil war period cavalryman, which is really a rather annoying anachronism ... I guess they just added that carbine because it was already at hand - it's the same as they include in their apache figure, complete with Native American brass nails decoration on the gunstock. But when you replace it with a Spencer from New Order, and add the carbine sling, the figure is quite OK !

Cheers,

Johan ;)
  9. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Anders, interesting subject matter, you look pretty authentic in those pictures.
    My wife says You look handsome standing next to that horse, maybe you will be discovered by some talent scout and maybe give you a role in a Civil War movie. :)

Roc. :)
  10. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Evan,

Yeah, I do Civil War reeacting, although I have not been very active the past year or so due to a bunch of reasons. The way to get started is to find a unit that is located close to you, talk to their Capt. and I am sure they would be more then happy to have you! It is a great hobby, you meet a lot of nice people and get to experience history a little closer. Besides, what else could you be doing where it is acceptable to ride your horse and shoot yankees!

Johan,

Verlinden are notorious for their short cuts which is a really sad thing!

Roc,

Haha my man, I dont think I'll do much movies, although I guess I wouldnt mind it too much. Will see if I get a part in the upcomming film being made or not.