1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Ancient Greek Statue

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by valiant, Sep 19, 2015.

1. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys,

I thought I would post some pics of my latest "fit in" project (I seem to have a lot of them!!)

One of the chaps from our club asked me if I could make him something that he could use as scenery in a new aquarium he is building, so we came up with an Atlantis theme. This statue is based on one of my Man Who Would Be King busts, with a helmet, shield and eventually a thunderbolt over his shoulder, made from Miliput. I am not overly concerned with total accuracy, as this is destined for the bottom of a fish tank, but I hope gives a rough impression of the style!

Thanks for looking,

Steve(y)

Attached Files:

Gaudin and billyturnip like this.
  2. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superb idea, may be need to consider to cast in some non toxic resin or food silicone, as I dont know if our putties dont secrete something chemical out overtime...Expensive fish dont need much to float up.
  3. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks, Gaudin - I shall cast it in a bonded porcelain material, like the commercial ones are, then given an enamel wash. That's the plan, anyway!(y)
    Gaudin likes this.