1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

An open appology to forum members and guests.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Langenberg, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Langenberg Active Member

United-States
    Ladies and gentlemen,

I write today to offer my sincere apology for posting an inappropriate and offensive image in a recent thread. As a policy I generally avoid such threads as nothing good ever comes from them. In the process of engaging in this one, I allowed my emotions to overcome my better judgement.

I have not received any PM's or back channel communication with any site members or staff. I offer my apology out of sincere regret. I enjoy this hobby, and the friendships I have developed in it, too much to allow utterly inconsequential matters interfere with the craft and fellowship offered by it.

I will endeavor to conduct myself better in the future. In the meantime I offer my sincere apology.

Bob Langenberg
    Mark S, tonydawe, NickM and 7 others like this.
  2. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

3. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Fair play Bob. (y)

I took the image down in response to a number of complaints sent to my inbox, and then after looking through it again I locked the thread altogether because it had turned quite nasty. Admittedly the last few posts were "calmer" but past experience has shown that it's a very touchy subject and it was probably only a comment away from flaring up again, so I thought that was probably the safest course of action to keep the peace.

- Steve
    tomifune and sd0324 like this.
  4. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED!
    Helm and DEL like this.
  5. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Might I suggest we ban all discussion on gun control, or lock any threads as soon as they are posted. It is an emotive issue that simply inflames parties on both sides, and detracts from what is one of the friendliest and most helpful forums around. It adds nothing useful - those of us who have no desire to see more guns in this world are not going to change the views of those who do - so its a bankrupt discussion.

Cheers
    Chris
  6. tomifune A Fixture

United-States

Add any subject on the internet to that. I have not seen anyone change their mind about anything per an internet discussion.......except maybe oils to acyrilics.:rolleyes:

Bob
    Chrisr and sd0324 like this.
  7. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Bob,

I didn't see the image you posted (it had been taken down when I read the thread on Gun Control) so I can't comment on whether or not it was offensive.

Clearly others did find it offensive and the Moderators rightly decided to remove it.

All I can say is that your apology was well written and appeared to be sincere and I am happy to see you offer it without any conditions.

I found the thread on Gun Control to be a rather futile and unhelpful contribution to this forum - which is primarily about figure modelling.
    Chrisr likes this.
  8. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Religion & politics are already off-limits for obvious reasons, but other than that I'm not sure that having a list of "banned subjects" is particularly healthy. In any case we're not here to try to change the world or even other people's opinons. This is just a place to relax and chew the cud with kindred spirits in our spare time. Or at least that's what it should be. Some topics are obviously more emotive than others, but the same is true in the real world as well as in the online one.

Up to the members to behave themselves and be courteous with each other. Which we all do pretty much, despite the occasional flare-up. The number of threads that have required moderator/admin intervention over the years (certainly in the almost 7 years I've been on here) compared to the total number of threads started is miniscule, and long may that continue.

- Steve
    housecarl, tonydawe and sd0324 like this.
  9. Mark S Guest

Bob, a very sincere and gracious apology.......well done mate.

This and other similar situations can easily be avoided by simply adhering to the forum rules.......and that is No Political Threads.
    The rules which are similar to the rules on most forums have been put together after experience has shown certain things invariably and naturally descend into an abusive melee.
    We saw the abuse and conflict which flowed freely from the Scottish Independence thread for instance, cause a lot of trouble some of which is on going.

"Religion & politics are already off-limits for obvious reasons"

The thread title made it obvious it was political content and it should have gone straight away in my opinion, deleted as soon as it was seen by a moderator............people can scream bullshit like 'free speech' and 'blatant censorship' all they like but this is simply a figure modelling forum for heavens sake,if you feel your rights of free speech are being stifled here you really do need to get a sense of perspective in your life.
    It's very clear threads like that one have only one unpleasant outcome, and that's why the rules of this forum state.......

Do Not - Start political, social, religious or other controversial topics prone to subjective and biased opinions. Good natured discussions and exchanges in the general or lounge areas are welcome but be aware that seemingly innocent political, religious, nationalistic or either banter may be offensive to some members. Use good judgment here. The moderating team will provide a warning were it is judged the line is being crossed.
    housecarl, 1969, Chrisr and 3 others like this.
  10. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom

We saw the abuse and conflict which flowed freely from the Scottish Independence thread for instance, cause a lot of trouble some of which is on going.
    You are bloody right there Mark :whistle:
  11. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    All parties concerned please take this to another forum that is more appropriate to this kind of discussion and not on here please, we are having to deal to much childish crap kicking off on here lately which takes up a considerable amount of our hard working Admin and Mods precious time when we have other things to do in life, grow up and shut up or ship out.

Regards
    Tommi
    Chrisr, IronMike, Old Pete and 3 others like this.