1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"Amy Johnson" by Rich Odell

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by closerlookbooks, Sep 11, 2014.

1. closerlookbooks Active Member

United-States
    I assume everyone visiting this site is familiar with fully round figures, and many of you are also familiar with flat tin figures. There is another category of flat figure that has been around for some time. These figures are not so much engraved as they are sculpted. The end product is a resin flat figure. Richard Odell is one of them. He has finally bent to the encouragement of others to begin producing some of these figures for the rest of us to paint. His first offering is of "Amy Johnson" a WW1 Pilot. Check it out on his new and improved website: www.richardodell.com. You can order items directly from his website via Paypal. And while you are there check out some of his upcoming figures like "Dorothy" from the Wizard of Oz. Enjoy
  2. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Congratulations Rich, great website and a very impressive first release.(y)

Cheers Ken
    Rich Sculpts likes this.
  3. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks Ken - that is a wonderful complement! Your work has always been an inspiration to me...

-Rich
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    That is very nice indeed Rich. (y)

Roger.
    Rich Sculpts likes this.
  5. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks Roger, Amy was a pleasure to sculpt - I enjoyed the casting process as well!

mould-and-casting-of-Amy-Jo.jpg
  6. Dennis Active Member

England
    Hi Gents, after reading the 1st post by closerlooksbooks above I ordered the Amy model early yesterday via Richards web site. Well Amy arrived early this morning well packed and very safe, with a good illustration as a guide.
    After smuggling the small envelope past the wife I opened it and was immediately impressed by this little beauty. It is a wonderful sculpt, and is a smooth flash and blemish free casting.
    Richard is to be congratulated on this and I would whole heartedly recommend this model to my fellow planeteers.
    I hope Rich Sculps goes from strength to strength.
    Dennis
    napoleonpeart and Rich Sculpts like this.
  7. Graham A Fixture

England
    Got to have this one, looks amazing!
    Rich Sculpts likes this.
  8. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Dennis thank you so much for your kind comments. I am so glad that you are pleased with the sculpture. Its been a long road to get where I am with my work, validation like this makes it so worthwhile. Many thanks and please let me know when you have brought her to life with colour...

-Rich
  9. Graham A Fixture

England
    Mine arrived this morning and it is flawless. The sculpting and casting are just perfect

This is a beautiful thing. The definition around the eyes is superb as is every other detail.

Great work Richard and top service in sending it out so quickly. Just wish my painting skills were good enough to do it justice!
    Rich Sculpts likes this.
  10. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks Graham - so pleased she 'landed safely'!

-Rich
    Graham likes this.
  11. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Hi Rich, I looked on your web site and these look really good. Good luck with the business:).
    Best wishes, Gary.
    Rich Sculpts and napoleonpeart like this.
  12. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Gary - thank you for your very kind comments and support. :)

-Rich
    garyhiggins likes this.
  13. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States