1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

American Spanish Civil War Volunteer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Instructorrob, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Instructorrob Active Member

Netherlands
    I have finished this figure vignette, finally, as it was one of the too many project I had runnning simultaneously.
    Figure (white metal) and base are by Alhambra. The head of the figure was replaced by one from Ultracast, if I'm not mistaken. I replaced the hands with better ones from Hornet and Warriors, one of each ;)
    The base was spiced up a bit with extra bricks and some wire.

Since the colors tend to be rather toned down with these subjects, I decided to use some white, blue and yellow for the sign. Just as a color element.
    The wooden base for it isn't ready yet, so please ignore that bit.

Comments are welcome:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Those nasty white spots are not dust but missing pixels, it seems.:confused:

Robert
  2. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    very nice vignette !
    a rarely seen subject
  3. petermh Active Member

United-Kingdom
    excellent groundwork and unusual subject
    not too sure about the figure's face looks a bit doll like.The cheeks look a bit too red but it may be the photograph
  4. Robert Jan de Wit Active Member

Netherlands
    Hey Robert,

A nice looking figure, I like those rare subjects.
    I like the way tou painted his rifle, makes it look heavy and solid.

You are back in core business, it seems.
    More on the workbench to be shown?

greets
    RJ
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looks very good to me.

Marc
  6. caramba Well-Known Member

Poland
    Nice work, Robert. I like rare and unusual subjects.
    M.
  7. Instructorrob Active Member

Netherlands
    Thanks for your input gents. Much appreciated.

Peter, I know what you mean. I have been staring at my figure and at the pictures yesterday for about half an hour.
    In real, the cheeks are really less red, more a kind of dark red brown.
    I tried to use heavier contrasts, as was suggested to me by some figure painters. I used to be quire satisfied with the figures I make for my military diorama's. Their faces have a more natural appearance. For a tank guy, they're not bad at all. But for true figure buffs I'm still in the minor league.
    I have taken the figures in my latest diorama and this one in particular a few steps further. But I have a long way to go, I admit.

RJ, next up is a figure vignette. Also a long lasting project. I have been cleaning and preparing some extra accessories for it yesterday. Will probably do an SBS on it here. Partially, that is, because some parts are already halfway or further.

Robert
  8. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Great looking vignette Robert!

Regards,
    Marcel.
  9. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Robert,
    Very nicely done and great base.
    Cheers
    John