1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed American Grenadier, French & Indian War, 1758 - Imrie/Risley 76mm Metal

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by KenBoyle, Mar 6, 2019.

1. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Thanks Neal! While sculpting and casting have drastically improved over the years I am still enjoying painting some of the older figures. With a little tender care many still have a place in the hobby today.:)

Cheers,
    Ken
  2. bucsfan21 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ken, I look forward to seeing your Rogers Rangers figure:)
    KenBoyle likes this.
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Beautifull work.

marc
    KenBoyle likes this.
  4. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States

Thanks Marc!

Cheers,
    Ken
  5. Matt McGrath Member

United-States
    Great job! I always preferred their larger figures. The 54mm ones had poor, if any eyes.
    KenBoyle likes this.
  6. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Ken,
    Very nicely done and I like the addition of your trademark fence.
    Cheers
    John
    KenBoyle likes this.
  7. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Excellent work and very nice painting

Mobo
  8. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    You may be thinking of Peter Blum's "Military Miniatures", with photographs by Phillip Stearns. That was a scene of the 17thLight Dragoons and the 2nd Continental Light Dragoons outside Poundridge, NY (today, it's "Pound Ridge"). Some of those photos wound up in some other books on toy soldiers and military miniatures back then, too.
    Blum included an outdoor scene of the Continental artillery team, too.

For me, I/R figures help fill some gaps in the 54mm selection out there, for Seven Years War figures. Their Hessians can be used without any modification; their British Light Dragoons work, though there are some minor changes in uniform from 1756 to 1776; and their French Revolutionary hussars in wing caps work more or less for hussars from the SYW. Then there are the Rogers Ranger figure, woodland Indians, and even some Royal Americans. I snap them up, whenever I can.

Prost!
    Brad
    KenBoyle likes this.
  9. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States

Thanks Matt! While I painted some 54's the 76's with better detail always appealed to me also.

Cheers,
    Ken
  10. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States

Thanks John! When there is not too much space on the base, the fence seems to fit the bill. ;)

Cheers,
    Ken