1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed American Fur Trapper - 1830

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    My output this year is way down with this being the first figure / bust I have finished. Other large projects and back problems have prevented my "all day sessions" that I used to enjoy.

After doing the review of Carl Reid's Trapper I went right into the painting mode and started painting this beauty. The flesh is done in oils and all the rest is enamels.

I have ordered the plaque for the front of the base and will do a final photo when it arrives.

Trapper 01.JPG Trapper 02.JPG

Trapper 03.JPG Trapper 04.JPG

Trapper 05.JPG Trapper 06.JPG

Trapper 08.JPG Trapper 09.JPG

After receiving the review sample from Yury Serebrykov of his Viking this bust went right into the painting mode and I just base coated the enamel undercoat for the tube oil flesh.

I have also been working on Pegaso's 90mm Ghengis Khan figure and in the photo below you see him mounted to a Ken Thomas base.

I also just received the "Lost Battalion" bust sculpted by Shane Tarry and have just spray primed him today.

In Progress.JPG

Yury Bust.JPG

TLB Viking.JPG

All comments welcomed.

flart1943, mil-mart, Johan and 8 others like this.
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nice work my friend! Love the texture you got on the red Pendleton capote. Gengis' horse looks fantastic! Glad to see you "back in the saddle!"

Jay H.
  3. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    A very nice kit with the traps. You sure did a fine job as usual! Look forward to seeing the other ones finished!

Nick
    RS4
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Jay & Nick. It feels good to finish a piece.
  5. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Guy,

Good to see you are getting your brushes wet again. You've certainly got a couple of great kits to work on. Nice work on the trapper and looking forward to seeing the Viking bust.
  6. carl reid A Fixture

England
    Fantastic work as usual Guy!!!

Your painting style really suits the western subjects mate! Well done!!!

Carl
  7. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very nice my friend, the horse looks also great, can't wait to see some more updates of your projects!!!!!
    chris
  8. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    happy to see you are in the saddle again Guy, i treat, being a phisiotherapist, back problems every days and i know how awfuls they are.. like a lot the mountain man especially the red tones you have chosen, also beautiful the horse of Gengis, and can't wait to see your progress also with the berserker bust ..

take care

stefano
  9. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    Very very beautiful, its always a pleasure to look to your finished mountain men.
    Thanks for showing.
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent work on the Mountain Man.
    But Guy, you are a man with professional experiece about this subject.
    You got some awesome busts there. The Berseker and Yury's Viking are both awesome.
    The horse from Genghis Khan is become great.

I missed your paintwork alot on the planet.

Marc
  11. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Glad to see something finished from you. I am sure looking forward to seeing the Ghengis mounted figure completed, I really like that kit.
  12. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    lovely job on the trapper guy and the horse looks very nicely done, looking forward to seeing more on that one as you progress.

Steve(y)
  13. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Good painting work on the trapper my friend ! I feel it just needs some tiny spots of artificial snow here and there to finish it, as if he's out on a winter day (although I'm not sure if that would be consistent with that trap this bust has, did they trap Beaver in winter ?)
  14. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Good to see you are back painting Guy.

Cheers David
  15. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Guy, good work on the mouintain man and Khan's horse.
    Still think you should do a step by step on Khan.

Cheers
    Roc
  16. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Glad that you're able to handle the brushes again.
    Great works,
    Carl.
  17. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Sorry for the late response. The last couple of days were not "sit at the desk" days. I appreciate the feedback and kind words.