1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Amazing New Figure Book - Advanced Figure Modelling

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Major_Goose, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Guys Hello .

I am really glad to announce you the release of a new figure modelling book created by Periscopio Editions in Greece .

cover

[IMG]

This is the result of a work that lasted more than 2 years , and it was a pleasure and adream for me to be in the constructing team of this work .

back cover

[IMG]

The features of the book :

THE ESSENTIAL REFERENCE FOR THE FIGURE MODELLER

35 Award Winning Models
    5 Step By Step
    26 Original Uniform Illustrations

470 photographs

180 pages
    150gr high quality paper
    300gr matt laminated cover
    Price : 39,90 Euros

21 Well Known Artists:
    NATALYA ALEKSEEVA - PIETRO BALLONI - MIKE BLANK - ALAIN DE BUSSE - NATALYA CHARUSHINA - DAVIDE DECINA - MARCUS ECKMANN - RAY FARRUGIA - JAUME ORTIZ FORNS CHRISTOS KATSELOS - STEPHEN MALLIA - GRIGORIS MARMATAKIS - JURGEN NIRSCHL - CHRISTOS PANAYOTOPOULOS - CHRISTOS PANAYOTOU - COSTAS RODOPOULOS - DIEGO RUINA - CHRISTOS STAMATOPOULOS - BABIS STATHIS - PANAYOTIS TSETSEKAS - PARIS TSIRCHOGLOU

Illustrated by CHRISTOS GIANNOPOULOS

Preface

[IMG]

Contents

[IMG]

The book is already available and can be ordered at Pericopio.

The distribution for USA and Canada will be done by Squadron - Signal, as soon as they will deliver, and for the rest of countries you can get it from Periscopio Editions by online ordering here ...

http://www.periscopio.gr/site/bookDetailsEng.asp?bookID=293&cID=32

Official Expo presentation will be done in Euro Militaire later this month

I think that this book is a real treasure for all figure modelling lovers and not only !!!! A gem for every modelling fan , with step by step works , color recipes, sculpting articles, hints , tips, and everything you could imagine in a printed aid .

COSTAS

Attached Files:

2. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    Great!

It seems to be a very good work. I thing the price is correct too!
    I want to have one. :D

Cheers,
    Balázs
  3. Einion Well-Known Member

Only five step-by-steps? Inspiring as a good gallery book can be (good photos of quality models, printed well) I think there's a lot more value to be had from seeing top work done in stages.

Einion

P.S. A personal note: more could have been done with the typesetting; Zapf Chancery Italic is a very dated font by modern standards and you never ever, ever, use it all caps!
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looks good.
    I see that this is volume 1. Is there more in the future.
    Who did the SBS and on what figure's. Very curious about that.

Marc
  5. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Marc , depending on the approval of the book from the public, there is a general plan for one volume every year , with different artists and different themes and offerings in its material.

As for the sbs articles they are written from Jaume Ortiz, Ray Faruggia, Chris Panayotou and others, but also all the other articles have ,many really good pictures and all parts color recipes in detail
  6. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That looks worth having how do I get hold of one
    Cheers
    Tommi
  7. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    Looks great!

best regards
    Artur
  8. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Ordered one this evening.
    When they do more then one volume i get a complete encyclopedia from the artist's of the 21 century.

Marc
  10. twofalls New Member

Oh, Gee! Something else to save my pennies for! Looks really good. You all are to be commended for your efforts there. My only "problem" <G> with the book is that there are no American FurTrade (ie. Mountain Men) figures. Perhaps in a later volume? (crossing fingers...toes..eyes) Keep up the good work!
  11. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  12. ATTİLA the HUN Well-Known Member

Turkey
    Costas, Thanks my friend.
    I'll be wait to this source book.
    Thanks for sharing. I'm glad your name include in the book.
  13. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Looks like another great book.,
    John
  14. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Twofalls , in the next volume there will be one for sure !!!!! And some indian stuff also !!
  15. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
  16. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    John is a really good and painfull effort of many months , and the difficult was to get works from many different artists representing a variety of technics and styles . i am sure you will like it if you get it

Costas
  17. Hi Costas

Finally I am seeing printed, missed the boat to be in this one, a misunderstanding with Stelios, but the article is already in for the 2nd book. I guess it is a hardbound production from what I remember and printing in very high quality, I think it should hit the market well ... yeah I concur lot of planning involved!

PS - for next time I am guessing that the Mameluk is Ray's figure, that should be Medeival not Ancient!!!!!!

Ivan
  18. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    great book; I'm sure there will be enough demands to make a serie of this
  19. dinovision79 Active Member

Hi,

handsome book, will have to check that out!
    Just because Ivan mentioned the Mameluk, Attila should be in the Ancient section then, while the Mongol warrior in the Medieval (in case he's from 'the' Empire), though not a big deal.

Denes
  20. joepanzer PlanetFigure Supporter