1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Amaryne - Archer 1/10 Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by spinnerguy, Aug 4, 2018.

1. spinnerguy Active Member

England
    Not my usual subject,being fantasy, but this figure appeals as it combines my two hobbys,with the subject being an archer.
    This has shown itself as not easy to paint,with difficult flesh tones required.The curved column supplied to mount it has turned out to be of no use,not holding deep enough into the bust and not easy to pin.Decided to use a straight support to hold the bust onto the base,and have pinned this both ends.Using acrylics as always......
    [IMG][IMG]
    Osebor likes this.
  2. spinnerguy Active Member

England
    Some more paint applied to the torso,bustier and cape shoulder - skin tone not easy to match.

[IMG][IMG]
    Osebor likes this.
  3. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    Looks promising...
  4. spinnerguy Active Member

England
    More progress,hip girdle painted and string arm attached.Inside of cloak painted,but going on last,after bow arm sorted.........

[IMG][IMG]
    Nap likes this.
  5. spinnerguy Active Member

England
    Bow completed,and strung using some gold effect wire.Bow painting looks a bit less dramatic than the box art,but I think it works.
    Arrow to be completed and fitted,together with cloak.Not yet decided on rear of cloak design........
    [IMG][IMG]
    oldtrousers likes this.
  6. spinnerguy Active Member

England
    Nearing completion...pattern sorted for rear of cloak.Arrow in position,just some more painting to arrow point and base.When painting skin areas at different times,I have found these difficult to match,anyway now satisfied with the outcome.
    I gather these non military busts are not for everyone on this site,but will post completed figure for those interested.....
    [IMG][IMG]
  7. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    I like the face...
  8. spinnerguy Active Member

England
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]

Time to say when with my she-elf.A joy to look at,but a devil to paint.
    Don't suppose it would win any prizes,but hope the pics do it justice......
    Osebor and Landrotten Highlander like this.
  9. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    You got fun, and an respectable finish... What else? :)