1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

ALTORES STUDIO

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by ALTORES STUDIO, Oct 11, 2021.

1. ALTORES STUDIO A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Good day and great mood, friends!
    We continue the Indian marathon.

H-54-200
    GERONIMO
    54mm (1:30)
    Resin kit
    Sculptor Stepan Nikolaev
    IMG-20210922-WA0025.jpg S21_8579.jpg S21_8574.jpg S21_8569.jpg S21_8568.jpg S21_8576.jpg S21_8571.jpg
    Edorta, Nap, Mike - The Kiwi and 5 others like this.
  2. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice figure. Maybe it's just the photos, but the horse looks over-scale in comparison to the figure; especially the height of the legs. The size ratios look more representative to those of a thoroughbred racehorse and a small stature jockey than an Apache and his horse. Maybe those with knowledge of equine matters could give a more informed opinion and as I said, perhaps it's just the photographs or the lighting effects which gives a false perspective?
    Gary
    Paul Kernan and balder like this.
  3. Oda A Fixture

A favorite historical persona and a great rendition.Definitely a must buy for me.I just love Altores and its works.

Oda.
    Reptor likes this.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Good to see a Altores release and what will I am sure be popular and paint up well

Nice sculpting on the facial features on a well known subject ...good addition to the series

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    Oda likes this.
  5. Hi Gary,
    If we consider that the height of a horse is measured in hands (from the ground to the withers), being the measurement of a hand = 10.00 cm. A height between 14.5 and 16 hands is understood as normal. If we think that Geronimo would not be a tall man, the proportions of horse and rider do not seem out of scale to me. Another thing is that, from my point of view, when a rider rides without stirrups, as is this case, the legs should hang something else, and not look like they were pulled up.In any case, without having the figure of a rider and horse in hand, and being able to measure them, at first glance they do not seem disproportionate to me.Apart from these technical
    considerations, the figure seems very pretty to me.
    Redcap and Oda like this.
  6. Oda A Fixture

Agree with you Miguel.

Oda.
    Reptor and Redcap like this.
  7. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Everything is in the eye of the beholder, but if those with knowledge of horses say it's proportionate to scale then I defer to their assessment.

Whilst not my period of interest, I hope it sells well as I am also an Altores fan having many of their figures in the Grey Army.

Thanks for the replies.

Gary
    Oda and Miguel Jimenez-Bravo like this.