1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

ALTORES STUDIO

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by ALTORES STUDIO, Aug 13, 2021.

1. ALTORES STUDIO A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Good day and great mood, friends!
    Meet the next release of Altores in two sizes at once.

F-75-194
    75mm (1:24)
    F - 75-195
    54mm (1:30)
    ROMAN LEGIONARY 1st century AD
    Resin Ikit
    ncludes two weapon options.
    Sculptor Vladimir Sychev
    IMG-20210728-WA0020.jpg IMG-20210728-WA0021.jpg IMG-20210628-WA0073.jpg IMG-20210628-WA0066.jpg IMG-20210628-WA0061.jpg IMG-20210628-WA0064.jpg IMG-20210629-WA0030.jpg IMG-20210629-WA0032.jpg
    Manfred, Babelfish, OldTaff and 10 others like this.
  2. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A very nice indeed. I'm not sure the thrusting Pilum pose works as it was a throwing weapon, but the pose with the Gladius and realistic facial expression is excellent.

Gary
  3. ALTORES STUDIO A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Thank you! Pilum is just an option)
    Redcap likes this.
  4. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yes of course - I will be buying it but using the Gladius option. Great job!
    Gary
    ALTORES STUDIO likes this.
  5. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Nice sculpt!

Only the gladius variant is realistic in this pose! If it came to close combat, the legionnaire would have thrown his pilum beforehand.

As a close combat instrument, the pilum was completely unsuitable due to its soft tip (which should bend when hit so that the opponent could not throw the weapon back!).

Cheers
    Babelfish, Redcap and ALTORES STUDIO like this.
  6. ALTORES STUDIO A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Yes, that's right, dear friend. The pilum option can be considered artistic freedom, which will surely find its buyer.
    1969 likes this.
  7. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Really nice looking figure, will be interested in both scales for my Roman projects I want to do.
    I think the Pilum is a realistic possibility, if the legionnaire is attacked at close quarter by surprise, the Pilum would be his first weapon of defence as it would be carried in the hand, he would not have time to draw his gladius. Both option work nicely for me.
    Well done Altores on this release.
    Steve
  8. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Very nice indeed.
  9. Helm A Fixture

England
    I'm with Steve on this, in a desperate defence, anything and everything would be used. It's a great sculpt whichever option you take
    Steve
    housecarl, Nap and ALTORES STUDIO like this.
  10. Trep Active Member

United-States
    Great work, very nice
  11. Nap Moderator

England
    Good to see a Altores release

Nice subject and detail looks good

Like the weapon option and scales available

I don't do full figures but this is a ideal conversion to pose differently to form a fighting line

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  12. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice figure with in the classic early Empire fighting garb. I think I'd be inclined to go for the gladius option for the reasons already stated, although the "anything will do in an emergency" argument isn't without merit either. Being a quality figure of a popular subject, this one should sell well.

- Steve
    1969, Nap and ALTORES STUDIO like this.