1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

ALTORES STUDIO

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by ALTORES STUDIO, Apr 26, 2021.

1. ALTORES STUDIO A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Good day and great mood, friends!
    Meet another novelty Altores.

F-75-185
    TLINGIT WARRIOR
    75mm (1:24)
    Resin kit
    Sculptor Alexander Deryabin
    IMG-20210326-WA0041.jpg IMG-20210302-WA0072.jpg IMG-20210302-WA0068.jpg IMG-20210302-WA0073.jpg IMG-20210302-WA0076.jpg IMG-20210302-WA0077.jpg IMG-20210302-WA0075.jpg
  2. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Now I never saw THAT one coming!!! What an unusual, original and audacious release - and for that reason alone it deserves to sell by the bucketload!!!

I'd never even heard of the Tlingit before, so I had to Google it. Briefly:

The Tlingit are indigenous peoples of the Pacific Northwest Coast of North America. Their language is the Tlingit language, in which the name means "People of the Tides".

Would love to see a painted version.

Any more info about what period this specifically belongs to?

- Steve
  3. ALTORES STUDIO A Fixture

Russian-Federation

Thank you so much! Yes, the figure is suitable for the period up to the 19th century, when hostilities took place between the First Russian Fur Company and the Tlingits. But it can be used for an earlier period, since we made traditional wooden armor and did not give it the firearms that they already used at the beginning of the 19th century. This is one of the most interesting peoples with cruel customs,
    Nap and Babelfish like this.
  4. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
  5. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    The Tlingit lived in Alaska, were as warlike as xenophobic - and had absolutely no joke when someone from Europe came and tried to steal their land from them ...

[IMG]

Under their war chief Ska Utlelt, the Tlingit acquired the capital of Russian America, Sitka, in June 1802 ...

[IMG]

... razed to the ground!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The Tlingit killed most of the residents (about 20 Russians and about 130 Aleutians). The Russian governor, Aleksandr Baranov ...

[IMG]

... was forced to pay a ransom of 10,000 rubles for the captured Russians.

But it happened as it always did:

The foreigners had cannons and ships, the Tlingit did not - and so they were subjugated and the Russians rebuilt Sitka newer and stronger ...:

[IMG]

When the Americans took over Russian America (today: the state of Alaska), the Tlingit only had a glorious past, but no future - and they were no longer warlike!

Therefore, they mostly appear in the Russian history books, not the US ...

Cheers
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Now that is what you call a very different subject to release

Glad Steve googled ...learnt something

Bravo to Altores for this certainly be a talking point on a display

Be good to see a painted version

Thanks for sharing

Nap,
    DaddyO and ALTORES STUDIO like this.
  7. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I can only echo what has already been written. Great release from totally left field - Got to love Altores :D

Handy references too from Martin which give an idea of how he might look painted up (y) Definitely one for the shopping list . . . .

Cheers
    Paul
    Nap, Babelfish and ALTORES STUDIO like this.
  8. Tonton Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Not my area of interest, normally, but I do know that the Tlingit (along with the Haida) were the only peoples to have totem poles. Might be useful info for someone wanting to do a mini diorama.

Jeff
    ALTORES STUDIO likes this.