1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

ALTORES STUDIO

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by ALTORES STUDIO, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Gary_81 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Criticism is always welcome as it helps us learn and develop as artists, but I think the problem is the way you deliver your criticism and the fact that when people have pointed out the effects her clothes and equipment would have on her you have just ignored this. If she was posed totally naked her anatomy would look very different, but she is wearing a leather jacket with shape and volume in the shoulder area and a massive rocket on her back with weighted straps on those shoulders to.
    It feels more now like you have a previous problem with Altores Studio and you are using this forum to vent that anger on a perfectly good model.

Gary
  2. ALTORES STUDIO A Fixture

Russian-Federation

Thanks a lot, Nap! I hope this does not happen again. Sorry for this inconvenience. Have a nice day, Alex
  3. Nap Moderator

England

No inconvenience Alex ...moderating that's all

Look forward to perhaps seeing a painted version and to future releases from Altores

Nap
    ALTORES STUDIO likes this.
  4. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You see this on AFV and aircraft forums as well, certain guys chiming in to point out how some dimension or other is a couple of millimetres off, and hammering home their point with photos that look as if they've had a 4 year-old child let loose on them with a pack of felt-tip pens. Best ignored.

Probably not a figure I'd buy this one. But anatomically it looks fine to me.

- Steve
    Nap, ALTORES STUDIO and Gary_81 like this.
  5. Wally Active Member

New_Zealand
    Must admit that I have been in that place of nit picking. Being somewhat old, not sure about being wiser, I now subscribe to the thought "Beauty in things exists merely in the mind which contemplates them" David Hume 1742.
    Regards body, there is the presupposition that we all have the same body shape. Ask a tailor, a maker of suits, they may beg to differ. LOL. One shoulder lower that the other. A bent spine. One foot bigger than the other.
    Anyway enough on that as at the end of the day Beauty or nit picking if that floats your boat, onwards.png is indeed in the eyes of the colored spectacles that we all wear.
    What a great hobby that we all engage in.
    Power to your paintbrush and paint and model as you see fit.
    Nap likes this.
  6. Jim Active Member

She looks good.
    I like the subject.
    It looks like it'll be fun to paint
    I'm happy!
    Now - where do I get one?
  7. Nap Moderator

England

Just contact Altores via website or send PM via here or via the FB page

In UK El Greco Miniatures carry the range

Nap