1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

ALTORES Medieval Footman 1:10 scale

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Sven, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Sven A Fixture

Cannonball, Neil, Housecarl, Gary, and Terry,

thank you so much for your comments, which are very welcome at the the final streches of this project. After some weeks of painting a figure, I often feel a lack of interest building up inside me. With your support, I am able to keep up the momentum.

I have to admit, the pattern is pure fantasy. It just looked good to me. I know, however, that this pattern was common in medieval heraldry. In Germany, you still find it a lot in city coat of arms.

This week, I was busy trying to hide all the crimes, I did so far and should finsih the upper body by tomorrow. Hence, the next update is about to follow. With his huge and pretty nasty looking weapons painted, he then should be done by the end next week (if my plan survives contact with reality).

Terry, I am also very happy with the muted colors. I wanted him to give a rather dirty, battle-worn appearance and fresh vibrant colors just wouldn't work. Having said this, some more weathering is about to happen.

Greetings from Germany
    SVEN
    Nap likes this.
  2. Sven A Fixture

The footman passed some major milestones and he is well on his way to completion. The right hand and his weapons havn't seen paint yet.

Sven
    1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG
    KenBoyle and Nap like this.
  3. Sven A Fixture

Planeteers,

I declare my footman done!
    What a bust and what a pleasure to paint it. A clever composition, great sculpting quality, lot of different fabrics, and, most importantly, a figure that tells a story.

Hope you like it as much as I do.
    Sven
    3.JPG 1.JPG 2.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG
  4. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great work on a great figure :)
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Sven

Just enjoyed a good time going back over this thread following the SBS ....it was coming alive in front of me

Great textures and weathering

IMO this rekease is fast becoming a classic release

As you said :

What a bust and what a pleasure to paint it. A clever composition, great sculpting quality, lot of different fabrics, and, most importantly, a figure that tells a story.

Thanks for sharing

Why not enter FOTM as well as voting in previous months comp

Happy benchtime

Stay safe

Nap
    Sven likes this.
  6. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Beautiful work Sven! You've handled the weathering extremely well. (y)

Cheers,
    Ken
    Sven likes this.
  7. Sven A Fixture

Nap and Ken,
    thank you very much! 1.JPG
    KenBoyle likes this.
  8. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Superb finish Sven.(y)
  9. oierlings Active Member

Switzerland
    Hi Sven,
    I'm currently working also on this bust. Yours is looking great and I wonder what material you've tried to resemble for the "hoodie"? Sheepskin worn inside out ?
    Best regards,
    Eric