1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Alternate history vignette

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Reddo, May 29, 2012.

1. Reddo Active Member

Australia
    547366_10150855844517087_563842086_9865068_380146547_n[1].jpg
    Had a bit of fun kit bashing a Warhammer 40K dreadnought with a panther kit (more of the panther visable from the rear.
    I'll call this ' Eisen Verkleidet Jugend - Fuhrerbunker May 1945' . Its in 1/72 scale.
  2. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You know, this is really imaginative. I like the inclusion of the well-known sad old man patting the 16 year old conscript on the shoulder whilst desperately trying to conceal his well advanced Parkinson's from the camera.
    When I saw the 'alternate history' title I admit I initially didn't fancy it, but I like this.
  3. Maki Active Member

Croatia
    Very interesting. Can you show some more pics please?

Mario
  4. Reddo Active Member

Australia
    My good camera is out of action at the moment - will post more when I get it sorted. The iphone photos don't really do it justice - but they do have an interesting artistic feel.
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Brilliantly done Peter.
    Carl.(y)
  6. Einion Well-Known Member

More and bigger pics please!

Einion
  7. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    I gotta say this is a fantastic idea!!! More pictures would help but even with just one I really like this.
    The Dreadnought has the feel of German engineering... Next generation war machine.
    I love this diorama!

Cheers

Colin
  8. Jazz A Fixture

England
    A great idea well painted. I like the theme of an alternate universe where the Germans have gone on to build better hardware. Really imaginative. Well done.
  9. Reddo Active Member

Australia
  10. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Superb imaginative stuff Peter. Great execution. I hope you bring this along to WASMEx
  11. Reddo Active Member

Australia
    I wasn't sure if it would pass the politically correct test. I'll bring it and see if it can be displayed. I reckon I have enough time for one more model - then i'll be working on packing cases and finishing off some display bases (boring stuff). Planning on showing 10-12 models this year. I imagine you will have a triler load of figures Tony.