1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Alpine's 120mm Ss Nco

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by homellop, Jan 25, 2013.

1. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Hi!
    I'm currently painting this beautiful figure.
    It was converted into an SS NCO re-modelling the jacket collar and adding collar tabs,arm eagle and
    arm band.
    Face was painted with usual colors and I'm working on the wool texture of uniform
    Hope you like it
    jaume

[IMG]
    Sokol, mark761214, winston and 13 others like this.
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Stunning work Jaume.
    Carl.(y)
  3. Vaux Well-Known Member

Spain
  4. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Text book painting - is the helmet done or only undercoated? The face is so real I want to talk to him.

Colin
  5. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    I don't see how it could get any better than this! You've got some fine brushwork here on the smooth flesh tones and uniform texture (y)!!

Joe
  6. Alex Long A Fixture

England
    Looks awesome so far, face is wonderful and the wool texture is progressing brilliantly, looks very effective.

Alex.
  7. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Brilliant painting! Just be aware that NCO`s did usually not wear officer`s belts so maybe the buckle needs to be altered. The same refers to the trousers and boots.
    Cheers, Martin
  8. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    AWESOME Jaume!

Pedro
  9. Djoubri M Well-Known Member

France
    Perfect as always !
  10. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Amazing work. What are the usual colors? I don't think I have ever seen you list them.
  11. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Stunning work!
    I'm not sure if the linen skirt is 100% historically accurate though. :LOL:
    Gells.
    Helm and Mike Stevens like this.
  12. HIKARU_REMOVED Guest

Japan
    Looks amazing! :eek:
    I am looking forward to future progress very much.;)

Mitsutaka :)
  13. e-junkie Member

United-States
    That's so exquisite, as usual! Your art is an inexhaustible source of inspiration :)
  14. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Meehan34 likes this.
  15. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Hi!
    Thanks for the nice comments.
    Martin.I know the figure has some historical inconsistences (but not inaccuracies),but I'll leave it as it is.Thanks for the comment.
    Meehan.I've listed them many many times...That link is a good example.

regards
    jaume
  16. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    Wow, cool! It is really great to see Jaume paint up one of my sculpts! I cannot wait to see it finished.

And for those who are wondering, the "historical inconsistencies" of this Alpine figure stem from Jaume demoting him to NCO status. The Alpine kit depicts a German officer - so the belt buckle and trousers and boots in the kit are correctly sculpted for an officer......

Carry on! :wideyed:(y):)
  17. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Hi Mike.
    I meant my converted version had inconsistences,not the original sculpt.Your figure is absolutely accurate for a Wehrmacht officer.
    I'm sorry for the confusion.
    regards
    jaume
  18. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    No worries - I did not mean it as a critique - I just wanted to be helpful while you are working on the uniform and trousers. In my eyes this brilliant paintwork is worth the effort. - Mike, you really should have thought about this conversion in advance and provided some historically correct conversion parts - it`s all your fault:D
    Cheers, Martin
  19. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Jaume, Great start on your Hauptscharfuhrer. The face is exceptional. Really like the blending on the tunic so far. Since this figure is the equivalent of a Sergeant-Major, the tailored uniform is possible. Or you could add Officer Canidate cords to his shoulder boards. Just a thought my friend. Looking forward to seeing the completion of this one. Here is a photo of Officer Canidate cords. Regards, SG(y) View attachment 115928
  20. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Sorry Jaume, here it is infboards2_1_1_1.jpg