1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Alpine Wittmann & Woll With Darius Tiger I Wedgie

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Alex Long, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Alex Long A Fixture

England
    This is finished now.

Took some photos with my real camera this time, but I still can't manage to get the lighting and the white balance right, my phone still seems to get closer to what they actually look like, but never mind, here they are anyway.

_DSC3102.JPG _DSC3104.JPG _DSC3109.JPG _DSC3116.JPG

_DSC3102.JPG _DSC3104.JPG _DSC3109.JPG _DSC3116.JPG

Alex.
  2. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Very nice job Alex,you did well to Finnish it in time for Euro !

I like the black leather jacket how you handled the highlights,giving the impression of leather and not cloth.the camo is very well done also.

Be nice to see it over the weekend.

I feel your pain with the photography but these look good to me !

How do you do your nameplates ? Finishes it off well buddy

Carlos
  3. Alex Long A Fixture

England
    Thanks Carlos. The nameplate was done using photoshop, I have taken to doing all of them that way now, just cause I find it a bit of fun. It's fairly simple, I just trawled the net for a picture of Villiers Bocage, resized it, coloured it sepia and added a German font that I found as a free download, added dropshadow and outer glow to the font and stuck in a plasticard frame. I will be bringing a 250/8 Neu and the Cyber-Hobby "Wittmann's Last Tiger" with the D-Toys figure in the cuppola all with similar style nameplates.

Looking forward to the weekend.

See you there,

Alex.
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Excellent piece of work Alex.
    Carl.(y)
  5. honeycut Member

Australia
    Hi Alex. I must say your struggles with the photography doesn't diminish doing your work justice! Great attention to detail. In fact the part that made me appreciate it the most is actually the close up of the groundwork at their feet. To look realistic at that distance is a great achievement. Well done all around!
    Brad