1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Alpine Russian Tanker for friend....

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by YongA01, Mar 8, 2010.

1. YongA01 Active Member

Malaysia
    Hi all,
    2010 had been a very slow start due to busy work. This is my 1st piece of work to kick start this year. Completed over last weekend, spent total about 11 hours.
    This is Alpine kit 35090, a beautifully sculpted figure and very painter friendly.
    I tried a different style this time playing with brush strokes to create slight different look... not sure it meet you taste but I kind of find it suitable to put on a AFV. This figure is painted for a good friend Dinesh to stand on his beautifully painted T34 Winter scheme.... hopefully this figure justify to stand on it

Welcome all critics.
    Allan

Attached Files:

2. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    Hello, my friend!
    Very good work, I very like dirt effect on winter coat.
    Personally I much better prefer your older works, which you spent on painting long time but quality is on a very high level. Of course it's only my opinion :)
    Generaly I'm a big fan of your work!

We will be in touch
    best regards
    Artur
  3. elvis A Fixture

Very good Job. I love Alpine miniature ciao from Luca(y)
  4. YongA01 Active Member

Malaysia
    Thanks

Hi Artur - good to hear from you, can see you are busy with Mantis and next release painted by Jaume seems to going to be a big hit. Thanks for your feedback. I have in mind to put this figure on the tank, so do not paint into the finess of a normal single standing figure. This is to ensure coherent between figure with the armor which tend to be heavily weathered and muted in color. I agreed with you, if I paint single figure - I would have spend more time creating the smooth transition but for armor I just feel not right. Anyway, hope to hear from you again. Take care.

Hi Elvis, thanks - you and me both big Alpine fans....