1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Alpine Miniatures - November 2022

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by T50, Nov 12, 2022.

1. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Hello Gents

Happy to announce Alpine's new figures for Nov. 2022.
    They will be available for shipping on Nov. 21.
    http://www.alpineminiatures.com/
    http://www.alpineminiatures.com/store.html

Thanks!

All in 1/35

35303 WW2 US Infantry NCO
    Sculpture by Taesung Harmms / Box Art by Calvin Tan
    [IMG][IMG]

35304 WW2 US Infantry
    Sculpture by Taesung Harmms / Box Art by Calvin Tan
    [IMG][IMG]

35305 WW2 US Infantry Set (2 figs)Sculpture by Taesung Harmms / Box Art by Calvin Tan
    [IMG][IMG]
  2. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    1/16th scale PLEASE!
  3. MrBMB A Fixture

Really love these, stunning set..........................well done T50 :joyful:
    T50 likes this.
  4. Zim PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Need these in 1/16 they look very good
    T50 and currahee like this.
  5. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Yep, they would go great with the Takom Jeep, Andys HHQ Sherman or the Classy Hobby 1/16 M5 kits.
    T50 and Babelfish like this.
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi

Nice looking figures very natural poses as usual with Alpine , details look good and of course artwork brings it all out

Thanks for sharing the updates

Happy releasing

Nap
    T50 likes this.
  7. John Rosengrant A Fixture

simply awesome all around
    T50 likes this.
  8. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That and also simply with other already existing Alpine 1/16 Yanks.

I usually roll my eyes when guys say "can we have this in such-and-such a scale please" as I mutter to myself "just be grateful you've got it at all". But in this case I find myself nodding in agreement. Alpine have been VERY quiet on the 1/16 front lately, and it's a great shame because theirs are some of the finest 1/16 figures out there in that scale.

- Steve
    Blind Pew, JasonB, T50 and 1 other person like this.
  9. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    I admit to being one of those guys, but for a practical purpose. First, I can't really see anything as small as 1/35th, 1/24/75mm is pushing it. Plus, I have nothing in my collection smaller than 1/16th. I figure if we don't make our desires known, they can't be catered to. Even if its not this particular set, letting the maker know that a certain scale (or subject) is desirable, might inspire them to release something else that's just as cool.
  10. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Gents
    Thanks for all the comments!

As for 1/16 scale figures... the sales has been very slow for this scale for Alpine lately.
    Having said that, I do have a US tanker in 1/16 lined up.

As a business entity, it's all about choosing the best subjects, poses, scales, etc. that have
    proven to produce the most profit. And given the limited time and resources I have, 1/35 wins.

And the same thing applies to figures in action poses. Action-posed figures just do not
    sell no where near well as figures in relaxed poses. Relax poses win.
    MrBMB, tomifune, Blind Pew and 7 others like this.
  11. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is the bit where I say, "I don't really do WWII stuff." Then Taesung goes and does these... They really are super, regardless scale.
    T50 likes this.
  12. rustyratliff Well-Known Member

United-States
    Taesung,

I really like these and will be placing an order today. I understand you are offering what will sell, and I think these will for sure be popular. I have no idea what interest there is in British subjects, but I would love to see fully kitted out Royal Marine Commandos from the Normandy Invasion. Similar to the these in the below picture.

Rusty

[IMG]
    Floydie64 and T50 like this.
  13. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Not sure about RM commandos.. but I just made a WW2 Brit para figure 1/35 for an upcoming Vallejo paint set
    Tutilo17 and BrownMoose like this.
  14. rustyratliff Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great, thanks for the heads up. I appreciate the paint sets with figures. I have the been slowly replacing my paints as they are getting some age. I just picked up one of your paint sets, and will be buying more.
    T50 likes this.