1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Alpine/hornet German Grossdeutschland Kharkov And Steyr 1500 4x4

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Carlos69, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Steyr complete 011.jpg Hi Guys,

I have just finnished this piece after having it as a side line project for the last two years ! my longest ever !

It is a Tamiya 1/35th scale Steyr 1500 4x4 detailed up and finished in a worn winter camo (what a surprise ?! :ROFLMAO:) The figure is an old fave' of mine from Alpine Miniatures,cant remember how many times I have painted this dude over the years ... he has a Roger Saunders head just for the hell of it,both gloved hands were swapped out for bare hands and a ciggarette,the raised arm had an inner cuff made from Green stuff,a rolled down Toque also made from G/Stuff and freind or foe arm bands added from Tamiya tape with buttons made from the punch and dye.The padded parka had draw strings made from fine copper wire.

Mounted on a plain black oak base which is some thing new for me but think it looks ok and shows off the model well against the black.

Figure painted in oils.The Steyr was painted in Tamiya acrylics cut with lacquer thinner and weathered with Humbrol enamels,AK enamels and oil paint.The worn white wash was applied using the hairspray method.

I wanted to depict a vehicle as used by the Grossdeutschland in the battle for Kharkov.(yes I have an Eastern front fetish and cannot shake it off ! :arghh:)

All comments and critique welcome gents

Many thanks for looking

Carlos

2. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
  3. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
  4. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
  5. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
  6. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
  7. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
  8. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
  9. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Very nicely done. My only negative comment is that a vehicle with all that gunk does not sit right on the plain wooden base.
  10. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi Carlos!

More I see your work more a love it.
    Well done my friend this is pure art.:joyful:
    Where is the groundwork?:cool:
    Pedro.
  11. Tommy's War Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Magical work Carlos, got to disagree with Ken though I'm afraid (sorry Ken ;)) , I think it looks great straight on a black base. We're looking at an outstanding vehicle and figure paint, this format lets us concentrate on those.

Awesome job Carlos.
  12. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Ken thanks,A few have said it would look better on groundwork but for a change and to comply with certain competition classes I thought I'd display it with out. I did have second thoughts but I'm stuck now as it is drilled and pinned to the Oak base so there's no chance I can remove it with out big damage and I can't get groundwork underneath the vehicle as it is .... Appreciate the feadback !

Pedro buddy thanks mate ! Groundwork ?! Ok I get the jist .. I messed up ! ; )

Darren That's one thing with the black base it makes a nice contrast : ) cheers mate ; )

Carlos
  13. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superb painting Carl and looking forward to taking a closer look at Euro. In regards to the black base without the groundwork it's certainly different but I agree with Darren that it helps to highlight the excellent job on the vehicle.(y)

Cheers Ken
  14. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    "All comments and critique welcome gents"

Utterly inspiring......................................enough said!!
  15. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Excellent work on the vehicle and figure.

Cheers David
  16. LVM Active Member

Belgium
    Very nice work on both the figure and the vehicle !

Laurent
  17. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Looking at the enlarged pictures and knowing the true scale of figure and vehicle..... Wow! It`s been all said - beautiful.
    All the best! Martin
  18. PANZERSCHRECK Member

Germany
    I marvel at your works and regard rarely an artwork so intensive!
    Really great!!
  19. Ferris A Fixture

Awesome work Carlos!

Adrian
  20. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Ken,Dave,David,Laurent,Martin,Drybrushing and Adrian thanks a lot guys for taking a look and giving such great feadback ! ; )

Cheers

Carlos