1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Alpine German Officers Finished

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Osebor, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    More or less finished!, waiting to build Tamiya's StuG III and integrate the figures into the terrain.

As for variations in German uniforms, as pointed by Taesung, I uploaded my version of Tristar Field Session into my gallery, (also waiting a suitable vehicle, perhaps Dragon's Kleiner Panzerbefehlwagen)

Regards
    Javier

Attached Files:

2. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Superb and very realistic for the small scale.

Colin
  3. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Great stuff m8 - if I can offer some constructive crit. I would consider changing the main jacket & trouser colour shades somewhat, as they seem to be basically the same shade of field grey ?, eg: there's basic field dark grey and Olive & Grey green mixes, which the D/Wherm. used. These created 2 - 3 different field shades. IMHO.(y)
  4. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    Thanks, Colin, Rob! About the tones, As I stated on the other thread, I tried to play with both Andrea and Vallejo Feldgraus, as they differ somewhat. In the end I didn't get what I wanted (I think I was a little more fortunate on Tristar set, see my gallery).

On the other hand, I remained on the "Feldgrau side" as I wish to place them along a StuG from the first half of the War, and my references show less contrast between trousers and jackets of assault gun crews than on ordinary uniforms. Finally, as usual, pics reduced the contrast between uniforms and coats (After so many hours testing colours...)

Thanks again for your advice and encouragement!

Javier
  5. Tarok Active Member

Australia
    Hi Javier,

Nice work thus far. A minor observation though. I believe both figure 35054 and 35055 wear the later issue of the motorcyclists’ rubberised coat: the large feldgrau cloth collar should be painted with feldgrau facings, as opposed to the bluish dark-green facings that were used up until May 1940. :eek:
  6. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    Thanks, Rudi. As for the collar's colour (no pun intended) I followed Alpine's own pics. Also, I tried to add some shade variation, and as I want to set them in a Balkan Campaign or early Barbarossa scenery, an "alter art" coat is not too outmoded, perhaps.

(To our German speaking comrades, be indulgent if I err...)

Next stop: Tamiya's StuG!

Regards
    Javier
  7. Tarok Active Member

Australia
    The Tamiya Stug III B? Cool! I've had one on the go for a while. Would be keen to see yours, so please post the link if you post the WIP/build elsewhere :)
  8. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    Of course, Rudi! I ' have only to finish Historic Art Greek Godess, ICM U-boat type XXIII, and some other odds and bits, including Wolf's German soldier dio!)

Seriously now, I have this kit for more than 4 years (not one of my older, though!:whistle:) and I'm more than wishful to advance it to "in progress" status...

So "Stay tuned!"

Regards
    Javier