1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Alpine & Darius Project

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Tommi, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Folks

After working 10 nights on the run over the Christmas holiday I was determined that I was going to grab a few days to finish off a few projects that I had laying around on the bench for the past few months.

This is something that I started in Summer 2012 and never got round to finishing it because of work and painting commissions. It’s made up from two 1/32nd scale Alpine figures and I think a couple of Hornet heads, can’t remember back that far! The tank wedgie is from Darius Miniatures.
    All figures and tank painted and weathered in Vallejo acrylics. The Tank section was airbrush for most part of it with thin acrylic washes applied in layers to create a weathered and rust look.. The tank tracks were painted in plaster, water and Vallejo paint to give colour, applied to tracks and lower hull to give a dried mud effect.

The two camo patterns of the figure took a long time to paint and it was quite tedious highlighting and shading each small section, I used a couple of Calvin Tan articles as painting guides to help me along the way.

Any comments good or bad most welcome.

I feel something Napoleonic coming next!
    Cheers
    Tommi
    IMG_1.jpg IMG_2.jpg IMG_3.jpg IMG_4.jpg IMG_6.jpg IMG_7.jpg
  2. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    You have an individual style that I really like. This makes a nice impact on initial viewing. Looking fwd to the Napoleonic.

Colin
    Tommi likes this.
  3. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Everything is so well integrated! Awesome! A beauty! (y)
    Cheers,
    Zeno
    Tommi likes this.
  4. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Beautifully put together and painted. Particularly like the painting of painted metals, tank, helmet.
    Great job on cammo too
    Derek
    Tommi likes this.
  5. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Nice vignette! Congrats!!! :)
    Tommi likes this.
  6. HIKARU_REMOVED Guest

Japan
    Excellent CAMO pattern! :woot:
    It is a wonderful vignette.
    I congratulate completion.;)
    Mitsutaka:)
    Tommi likes this.
  7. DarioZ Member

Perfect job !!(y)

Regards
    Darek
    Tommi likes this.
  8. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Very nice Tommi.

cheers
    Tommi likes this.
  9. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks guys, just glad to get this one finished, now moving onto some other half finished figures on the bench.
    Cheers
    Tommi
  10. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Tommi,
    Very nicely finished and congratulations on the finish.
    Cheers
    John