1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Alpine 16032 101st Airborn "Screaming Eagles"

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by T50, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Bournouna Active Member

United-States
    Enough with WW II US paratroopers already !!!
  2. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Don't like it don't buy it. It ain't rocket science! :rolleyes:

- Steve
  3. CondeJulian Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Vote for S&T recast by Alpine. I would Buy 2 of each (Rosengrant Sculptures), specially the big afrika corps vignette 1/16 with half turret and 2 figures. My Holy Grail.
    T50 and Huw63 like this.
  4. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Another brilliant figure, Taesung. I'll be getting this one for sure.
    Any chance we could get a British Airbourne figure soon?
    Either way, Alpine remain my favourite manufacturer.
    montythefirst and T50 like this.
  5. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    I agree - Taesung - I feel that you waisted your time - it could have been one more German:D(y) .
    On a serious note: It is always a pleasure to look at your new releases. I personally don`t feel a lack of special troops in our market (Red, Green and all kind of Devils included). Maybe regular troops could get more attention and what about WWI releases (wearing a spiked helmet of course;):D )?
    Back to the new release: Love it and love the subtle tension in the pose - keep them coming!
    Cheers, Martin
    T50 and NickM like this.
  6. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Hi Martin. There's actually not that many British Airbourne 1/16 figures on the market - I can think of maybe 3 or 4, and most of them in very static poses. Alpine sculpts tend to show figures in action and, as you say, capture subtle tension in the pose, so it would be nice to see how Alpine would treat this subject.

I definitely agree with your comment about regular troops. It would be nice to see more of these, of any nationality.
    Again, this is a great release though. Love it.
    T50 and Martin64 like this.
  7. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Right Nick - I am sure that an Alpine British/Polish Para at Arnhem would be popular and would be recruited for my own Para-collection in a heartbeat. Because I have a weak spot for Para`s of all nations I can tell that Moz alone made more than four British Para`s in that scale, Verlinden did and there is/was Imperial Gallery-, Fort Royal- and Stormtroopers-versions beside the Dragon plastic release.

After a deep thought back to Alpine: Taesung you can`t go wrong with more Para`s - I stand corrected:).
    All the best!
    Martin
    Mac1966, T50 and NickM like this.
  8. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Oh Hello...... lookie here.

Easy company Sgt Lipton here we come !

Terrific piece , terrific size.

Well done.

Paul.
    T50 likes this.
  9. montythefirst Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Would be great to see John sculpt some regular U.S infantry especially d'day figures from Omaha beach or even Rangers from Point du Hoc, also would love to see him sculpt British regular soldiers both WW2 and WW1. Also some Russian ww2 figures would be great
    T50 likes this.
  10. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Personally I'd like some more American Airborne troops, but I would also really like Taesung to do some FFL Paras in that scale. If he did some 2nd REP dudes in Dien-Bien-Phu, Algeria, Kolwezi, etc.. I'll buy them in a heart beat!

Joe
    Babelfish, JasonB and T50 like this.
  11. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Me too (hope he's listening!)

- Steve
    Joe55 and T50 like this.
  12. Ferris A Fixture

Always a treat these Alpine figures and this one is very nice as well. I still have to finish the earlier US para though, one of my favorite figures ever.

About that British para...yes please! As said there are quite a few 1/16 British paras around, but none of Alpine quality. The denison smock is very cool and so is the bren gun... Two heads, one with helmet, one with beret. Arnhem version please. I'd buy it instantly!

Cheers,
    Adrian
    Joe55, T50 and NickM like this.
  13. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    FINALLY ! A US paratrooper of the 101st , it was about time. And what a SUPERB figure it is ! (y)
    Can't wait to order him, I think I will like him as much as the German Fallschirmjäger in the 1/16 series :)
    T50 likes this.
  14. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    That's right, them too!

Joe
    T50 likes this.
  15. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    :eek: Unfortunate turn of phrase there!! :ROFLMAO:

I think what you really meant to say was "I would be chuffed to bits if Alpine were to legitimately acquire the S&T masters and reissue the figures" . :hungry: (y)

- Steve
    Man On Fire, Joe55 and T50 like this.
  16. stormtrooper miniatures Well-Known Member

Superb Taesung !!!
    T50 likes this.
  17. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    I voted with my wallet and pre-paid and pre-ordered a 101st Para today.

I see some have expressed a desire for an Alpine Miniatures British Para at Arnhem in this thread, well here's my positive vote for that too - can't go wrong if you also give him a neat Errol Flynn moustache like you see in pics of the '40ies ; so British and very classy :)
    T50 and Joe55 like this.
  18. CondeJulian Well-Known Member

Brazil
    John Rosengrant should give the rights to some great company as Alpine. There's just too much great figures he did that we cannot get our hands anymore. I collect everything Rosengrant, and there are a few pieces missing from the collection, specially from S&T. Who knows, right ?
    T50 likes this.
  19. John Rosengrant A Fixture

Just to set the record straight I cannot give the rights to the figures I have done for any company I've sculpted for :) -whether that be S&T, Warriors, Alpine etc. etc.
    I was never an owner of S&T, although I was a founder/owner of Warriors, I sold that company to Bob Letterman who in turn sold it it Squadron I believe, so they own those masters now.
    I do appreciate the interest in those figures I sculpted many years ago, but I was and I'm still a work for hire, not the company owner and those figures I sculpted are their IP (intellectual property).
  20. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Sweet! Another usable fig, very well done, yehaaaaaaaaaa! Now, how bout some Nam series 1/16th figs, now that would be Sweet too.

Cheers, Ski.
    T50 likes this.