1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Alpine 1/16 Panzer Crew, cloth or leather

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Dr Force, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys

I have the above figure, the one taking his gloves off in all black.

Do you know if this is a leather jacket or standard cloth? If it is leather, do you think I could get away with doing cloth?

I also have the Officer holding the fag who will sit proudly in the cupola so very little of the trousers will be seen. I have seen this painted in a nice German grey but i would also like to paint him in black?

I can't upload pics as its from my iPad so I hope you know which figs I'm talking about.

Comments appreciated.

Dave
  2. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Dave - the garment depicted is the "U-Boot- Leathers" that were initially produced for submarine-crews. When Italy switched the sides large stocks of these black Leathers became available and were issued to the tank crews. The volume of the folds etc. tell the viewer that it is not cloth so I would leave it as a leather jacket.
    Good luck with your project!
    Martin
    gioazz and Dr Force like this.
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    I know the one in the leathers Dave, but the only one with flag I can think of is the Russian.
    Carl.(y)

Attached Files:

4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Fag Carl, fag not flag. :eek:
  5. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Fantastic info Martin, very helpful that so leathers it will be. My next dilemma is do I create a worn leather look with the brown undertones or for a newer look using a blue black base colour!
  6. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Made me howl that, when first reading Carls post I was losing the plot until I noticed he had misread it lol.
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Made me chuckle too Dave, Lord knows what our American friends made of it. :D Had a bit of a flashback to the lesbian tea party or whatever it was a few months ago.
  8. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ha ha those Brits are at it again!!!!!!
  9. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Fags, flags or figs. I will have to start wearing my glasses, or is that lassies?o_O
    Carl.:cry:

Attached Files:

gothicgeek likes this.
  10. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Dave,
    These any use mate?
    cheers
    Richie
    CIMG4608.JPG CIMG4609.JPG CIMG4611.JPG CIMG4607.JPG CIMG4610.JPG
    Dr Force likes this.
  11. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Richie that is great, I'll use these to give me a hand in getting he colours right. The Far right picture is the uniform I was talking about above so very helpful.
    Thanks
    Dave
  12. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Dave,
    Glad I could help, if you need anymore give me a shout I am sure I have more somewhere.
    cheers
    Richie
  13. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Richie