1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Alpine´s German Tanker in Summer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Markus Lack, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Markus Lack New Member

Hey everybody,
    it´s been a while since I posted something here, so I thought it´s about time.
    I painted Alpine´s German Tanker in Summer for my Tiger II and I wanted to show it to you here to get some honest comments or critics :).

Painting was done with Vallejo Acrylics for the cloth (Uniform and cap) and Oils for the skin.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

All comments, good or bad, more than welcome :).

Markus

P.S.
    For those, interested in the rest of the pics of the Tiger II, follow the Link:
    Tiger II
  2. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi Markus :) ! Great job on the tanker ! Perhaps a little bit more highlights and shadows on the face and hands will help the figure to stand-out a bit (refer to Calvin Tan's figures on the "planet" vBench). I LOVE the weathering on the turret ring,though;how did you get such a worn-out look to the thing :eek: ? HTH and cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  3. Markus Lack New Member

Hey Kenneth,
    thanks a lot for the kind words, I appreciate it!

Yes, I think you are right about the highlights on the skin.
    I will keep it in mind for my next figure. I´m not sure if I will change it on this one, as I´m a bit worried to mess it up :).
    Plus, I will be able to see in how far i make progresses in painting figures.

As to the MG-Ring,
    this was actually pretty easy.
    After the paint and weathering I started to paint the area I wanted to be worn out in a brighter darker yellow than the base coat. After that I painted the worn out area with some dark brown, leaving some of the dark yellow around.
    After the paint was dry, I simply rubbed the top of the ring with a very soft Graphite pencil.
    I hope this helps :).

Again, thanks a lot for your help!
  4. Manfred Active Member

I like the painting of the figure and of the big cat a lot.

On a constructive comment I would say that the sidecap is a little too light for me as a black wool item. The grey shirt seems a little undershaded seen next to the reed green jacket. That fits my taste exactly :). Maybe the face could have a bit more contrast.
    That said painting too strongly shaded could have the youthful character looking like an old man. I like the face sculpting of Taesung a lot.

Wirklich gute Arbeit mit der Farbgebung Markus, sowohl bei der Figur als auch beim Fahrzeug !
  5. Markus Lack New Member

Hey Manfred,
    thanks a lot for the kind words, I appreciate them :).
    I think you are right about the cap and the shirt. I think I can give them some more shading and lighting without to much danger to mess them up.
    I will post some more pics once I´m done.

Freut mich auch daß Dir der Tiger gefällt :).