1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Along Hell's Highway.................

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by BigDaddy, Sep 7, 2013.

1. BigDaddy A Fixture

United-States
    This is a S&T figure I did a while back.... 120mm Resin. Painted with Acrylics... one of the first I did in that medium after switching from oils... Thanks for looking-Matt

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    I've always liked this figure, and you've done a brilliant job of painting him, Matt. Great job!
  3. JABERWOCKY Active Member

very nice paint job matt
    regards
    brett
  4. Pavka Well-Known Member

Poland
    Great painting Matt and incredible ground work. pipe and water brilliant
    all the best
    Pawel
  5. plasticbattle Member

To start out with its a great figure and pose. Really nice job on painting him. Looks great.:cool:
  6. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    lovely work,
    Nice uniform shading and great groundwork.

Gells
  7. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Very nicely presented
  8. ometz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Kudos! One of the best WW2 Allied figures I've seen painted.
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work on the painting and the basework.

Marc
  10. flart1943 Active Member

England
    Nice paint job.
    Pete
  11. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superb job! The figure is fantasic and the groundwork is every bit as excellent. One of the nicest renditions of this piece that I've seen.

This is one of my "Holy Grail" figures. I thought I'd bagged one on feeBay last year - and a boxed original to boot. But disappointingly when it arrived, I found that two key pieces were missing (at any rate beyond my own feeble scratchbuilding skills) so I had to return it to the seller for a refund.

Ah well. One day perhaps ...

- Steve
  12. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work on this 'All American', and the murky water looks great too (y)!!

Joe
  13. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Matt,

Lovely groundwork to set off your figure. Your attention to detail is excellent. Lots of lovely little touches to bring out the best features of this figure.
  14. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Matt,that's an excellent transition from oils to acrylics,you must be very pleased with the result,the thing that really struck me was how well the figure blends in with the groundwork,he really looks part of the scene,great work,I hope to do more acrylic painting and if my first is half as good as this I'll be we'll pleased :)