1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

All's well that ends well!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by akaryu, Dec 23, 2021.

1. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    Hello fellow Planeteers!

Grumbling my way through yet another series of dumbfounding and gratuitous restrictions issued by a government deeply indebted to the lobbies, less so to its citizens, I am ready to waltz through the day loudly singing!
    Today, after endless weeks gathering dust in customs, a parcel reached my doorstep!

Having made the very hazardous journey from Moscow to Brussels in just six days, 9/11 to 15/11, these beauties finally made the last leg, 70km as the crow flies, to our humble abode today 23/12.

But aren't they worth the wait, these two 75mm masterpieces by a master modeler! Thank you Andrei!

P1010094.jpg

And in this positive vibe, I wish all my fellow figure enthousiasts a very merry Christmas and all the best for 2022,

Pierre
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Pierre

Nice timing there ...beat the Santa rush , they look great figures , look forward to seeing what you do with them

Have a great Christmas and safe 2022

Nap
  3. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    Wensen2022.jpeg
    Nap likes this.
  4. Airkid A Fixture

England
    Best to you and yours too Pierre, and let's look forward to a return to sanity in 2022.

Love those two figures. Who is the manufacturer?

Phil
  5. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    Best to you too Phil,

The figures are by Andrei Bleskin and produced under his own steam, but I just learned that Ilya Branshtein from IL Miniatures, Germany, will have them in his web shop.

Usually I get my figures directly from Russia without any hassle on the Russian side and only a spot of bother on the Belgian side of the operation, but this time "our" customs botched it.

They didn't open the parcel, so, did they just stare at it for over a month or what? Or had the constant flow of small parcels from fiendish Russia to a house in the Limburg woods to be reported to our national security?
    They even forgot to charge me import duties, the dumb a$$$$$es!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Have a happy end to this annus horribilis and an excellent start to the next!

Pierre
    Nap, Mirofsoft and Airkid like this.
  6. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    This one made it in a week, but with import charges:
    P1010093.jpg

An amazing one-piece 3D print with a choice of three heads (pilotka, chapka & M39 helmet) and the choice between the Mosin-Nagant with or without sniper scope, available in 1/24 or 1/16, heads and rifles being the only separate pieces obviously. Painting the inside of the cape and the seat of the pants might prove a challenge!

Next on his way is dear old "Iron" Felix Dzerzhinsky in 120mm.

Could be an interesting year 2022!
  7. Ferris A Fixture

Looks like a very nice figure. Indeed, these 3d prints can be hard to paint if done in one piece. I would suggest to saw the wrists and paint the hand, gun, sling assembly seperately. The inside of the cape looks like just the job for an airbrush. A very dark tan should do the job.

Have fun with these!

Regards,
    Adrian
    akaryu likes this.
  8. Airkid A Fixture

England
    That's very nice too. I can see the shopping list getting longer in the New Year!

Phil
    akaryu likes this.
  9. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    Even with pandemic mayhem and unusual rainy weather, these last days of this crazy year have some brightness in store.

After a meeting on his birthday with the author, Alexei Stepanov in Brussels, I am now the very happy owner of this first volume of a trilogy on the Soviet Navy uniforms and insignia, an absolute treasure trove if Soviet uniforms are your thing. IMG_1523-1 kopie.jpg IMG_1524 kopie.jpg

More on the book here:
    http://aerospaceproject.ru/u43

cheers,

Pierre
    Nap, Mirofsoft, Airkid and 1 other person like this.
  10. Airkid A Fixture

England
    :wideyed:..and envious!!

Happy New Year Pierre!
    Nap and akaryu like this.
  11. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    And of to an interesting figure painting year!

Look who landed on my workbench this morning: "Iron" Felix Dzerzhinsky, a splendid 3D print in 120mm from Red Anvil by Veronika Mussuri.

IMG_1526.JPG

And a view from the contents from the enosha.ru VK-page:
    mtUAzQIjwqg.jpeg

So long, I've got some painting to do!

Pierre
    Airkid likes this.
  12. Airkid A Fixture

England
    Iron Felix! Gotta get one:wideyed: You're gonna have to stop showing me this stuff Pierre - my bank balance won't stand it:eek:

My bench is full of a scratchbuilt Imperial Russian project in 1/35 at the moment. There will be a figure with it so I can post it on here once it's done

Phil
    akaryu likes this.