1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

All this nostalgia

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Helm, Jul 15, 2012.

1. polyphemus Well-Known Member

The short term memory's gone but at least I can still remember the 70's/80's. (But do I really want to?)

Geoff
    Wings5797 likes this.
  2. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Of course you do Geoff, how would the rest of us get on if you couldn't give us a nudge here and there?
    I looked at the sculpting and compared it to half a dozen mess dress figures that I have unpainted after all these years but could not for the life of me remember the company name. Thanks for that Mate.
    Keep reminiscing..........we need it for our own sanity!
    Cheers,
    Keith
  3. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Well it looks like another mystery solved, thanks gents! Now to find someone to flog them off on to.;)
  4. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Keith, I actually had the occasion a couple of years ago to purchase the mess dress figures, but didn't and I have regretted it ever since. was smart enough to purchase one ensign kit from that vendor which is on my workbench as we speak and I am enjoying it completely (though the engineering was a bit fiddly).
  5. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    captnenglish likes this.
  6. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
  7. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Hi Matthew,
    Looking forward to seeing the finished figure.......I agree, the one piece castings are a bit fiddly.
    Hi Victor,
    I had forgotten Major Bob Rowe. I am sure that his title lead me to buy the figures.........Theory, with a rank of major they must be good. I wonder if anyone knows of him and where was he a major?
    Cheers,
    Keith
  8. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
  9. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    I actually have two other figures that I got from the same person that I got these mystery (now ID'd as Ensign more or less), that I assume are also Ensign, that I have plans for. I just don't know what to do with the figures I needed to have ID'd, I am sure they will paint up pretty nicely and they are the period enjoy most I just have allot of figures and not much in the way of references on yeomanry cavalry uniforms.
  10. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I just might be able to help you out there Matthew. I'm at sea for another three weeks-ish but if you tell me what Yeomanry regts and dates I'll see what I have when I get home.

Roger.
    Wings5797 likes this.
  11. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    If I don't/can't sell these off, I wll keep that in mind, but they won't get painted for sometime, so no rush. I will keep it in mind though. Thanks!
  12. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Hello dear friends
    I do not resist to show you a Nostalgia list I'm working on year 77/78
    I hope to be able in the future to illustrate this with lists and pictures

Nostalgia

Acorn

Al Charles for Greenwood & Ball making a WWII vignette of refugees fleeing ( 4 civilians , 2 German )

All the Queen’s Men with his range in 80mm by Allan Caton at $8.00

Amati

Benasi

Bresica

Bivouac Military Miniatures 90m Cowboy, Indian at $12.00 , Robin Hood in 90mm

Cavalier Miniatures Ltd They already made full diorama set, like tree confederates resting and drinking coffee from a pot brewing on a campfire

Cameo Miiatures

Coronet

Deauvile

Dek Military Models 80mm by Allan Caton Bristish soldier from Queen’s Victoria to present days

Dragon Models and his 100mm Scotts Greys sculpte by David Jarvis

Eagle

Edward Suren / Willie

Ensign Miniatures 54mm at £1.50

Freehold Figures with is 80mm Polish Winged Hussar sculpted by Pete Hinton

GHQ

Garrison

Greenwood & Ball

Hearne Originals 90mm

Heritage Models Inc was the manufacturer of the 25mm range Hinchliffe and Der Kriegspielers in US

Hinchliffe

Imperial Miniatures 90mm Buffalo Bill

Imrie Risley

Kilmore

Lasset

Little General

Men O War

Minimen and is serie in 100mm Wellington , Kitchiner $12.00 and is serie Rorke’s Drift in 33mm at $10.00 for 10 British or 10 Zulus

Monarch Miniatures when a sanderson pirate figure was costing $4.95

Old Guard / New Hope design

Phoenix

Poste Militaire when a mounted samouraî was proposed at $43.00 freepost europe/US

Ral Partha

Realmodels with Alexander the Great standing near Horse in 54mm by Jim Staines

Regent Miniatures and is 100mm “ Unavoidable Hazard of Cavalry Live” by Hans Reuter

Rose

Rifle Miniatures 54mm by Parisini

Sanderson

Sovereign 75mm by John Tassel

Squadron / Signal

Squadron /Rubin Miniatures remember Moon Maid, 54mm lady siting on the back of a centaure $9.95

Stadden

Serie 77 with his first large scale diorama “ And so on the road of Rome “ , “ And all for th King’s shilling “

Superior with is 90mm range of entertainers sculpted by Ray Lamb ( US ), and the Fantasy range 90mm

The Black Watch ( was a store in California ) and here their “ The Signature Serie “ with sculptors like Jim Payette and David Kennedy

The Hobby Chest Inc who made a “ Jackboot’s Beer Drinker” Prusian army pre WWI 54mm

Vaillant

Vallance

Yes check you memory again . Have a look in your drawers , you have some of them .
    Best
  13. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I had a big clearout a few years ago, when my interest in modeling was at a low ebb, and threw out a mass of material: pictures, brochures, magazines etc.
    I suppose my thinking was - oh, I can always find that stuff on the web if I want it.

Not so.

There's surprisingly little material on ranges that were very well known in their day. I discovered that when I was trying to sell old figures on ebay and needed pictures.
    On other occasions the only pictures Google brought up were ones I'd put up myself on an old website I built. (Little Generals is a case in point).

When I have more time and energy I also intend to build an online archive reflecting my interests. I love looking at pictures of old build ups and kits, no matter how ancient they are, and I really appreciate those people who do maintain collections and resources like that. I also want to collect together PDF versions of useful online tutorials - because I've noticed they disappear too.
  14. Helm A Fixture

England
    I don't have the figures themselves but can probably scan you Military Modelling pages relating to them if they are any good ?
  15. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Hello friends
    seems I'm beginning a behemoth task
    Well I have Campaigns since N° 1 and Military Modelling to but I'm not sure if we can scan pictures fom those magazines without prior agreement . What I can do is photograph the figures I have mounted or in kit , and begin with that .
    I have already done that with the Sanderson Fantasy I have, and you can donload it as a PDF file at http://www.mirofsoft.com/pdf-links/
    I will slowly begin to illustrate my list and post it regularly as a PDF also same place as Nostalgia

for Chota Sahib you can visit a fan' site http://lrmminiatures.com/chota_sahib intro.htm

Best
  16. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Snce most of the companies materials that you will be dealing with have ceased, you have no problem with scanning their adverts. Further, since you are not making money from this venture, there is the right of fair use (at least in here in the States) as long as you make it clear that these products are not yours and this is simply for historical purposes you should be fine (at least as far as I understand the law, but I am not an attorney).
  17. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Thanks
    I Europe , the laws are very similar ; you can quote, text or picture when writing something about it . And as you say it's absolutely without any commercial intent .
    A first " burst" is now available in PDF with pictures of some of my fery army on http://www.mirofsoft.com/pdf-links/
    Any comment is welcome .
    Best
  18. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Hello friends
    I make some PDF with some old catalogs : Tomker , Cameo , Old Guard, Greenwood & Ball, Cavalier, Labayen, Vaillant Miniatures
    Can be seen at : http://www.mirofsoft.com/pdf-links/
    They reminded me lot of " souvenirs" and allowed me also to identify some pieces in my stock .
    Best
  19. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
  20. yellowcat A Fixture

Canada
    I still have The Black Watch store catalog in California. I think they are still in business. They have moved from Van Nuys to Northridge. But the phone number is still the same.
    The Black Watch8825 Reseda Blvd
    Northridge, CA 91324-4040
    (818) 701-5177