1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

All this nostalgia

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Helm, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Helm A Fixture

England
    Here's one for you who else recalls Dek Models? They made some great figures another lot that I'd like to see again along with the minature cap badges for the base.
    Wings5797 and Ventress like this.
  2. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Hello Steve
    I'm in figures since 1972 and never came accross Deck Models'name !!
    Have you any pictures ?
    bEST
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I've never heard of them either but after a quick search found a reference here,
    http://www.soldierssoldiers.com/bookpart8_1.php

"Another new company making figures in the large size – a range called All The Queen’s Men – is Dek Military Models of Leicester. Their sculpting is done by Alan Caton, and the first four figures to be produced are most attractive."
  4. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Hi Steve,
    You are really testing the old grey matter here.
    I think that they made mostly modern military figures and seemed to produce a vast range at a quick rate. I am sure someone here must have some pictures to re-kindle our memories.
    Good call mate.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  5. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Yes of course, you are right on the money Roger. I knew of all the Queens Men but totalt forgot Alan Caton and the fact that the three were one. Do you remember who the Dek of the set up was?
    Cheers Mate.
    Keith
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
  8. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    How do you find them Roger? There are some old favorites here...Greenwood and Ball, Series 77, Lasset.
    Well done mate.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    It's called too much time on your hands, I've become a master of the Google search. :D
    Wings5797 likes this.
  10. polyphemus Well-Known Member

I think these are now owned by Foxwood.

Geoff
  11. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Lucky you've still got a Google toolbar.
    Carl.:cautious:
  12. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Yes ... All the Queens Men , this one I know and have still some of them
    Someday I must make an inventory list and stop counting of my memory only
    Best
  13. Helm A Fixture

England
    DEK had some great figures I think they were one of the companies that did the drum horses back in the day. They were great sculpts and as I said had the relevant cap badges included to place on the base.

Steve
    Wings5797 likes this.
  14. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Is that Yahoo blocking it Carl? Every time I set Google as my preferred search engine on Firefox Yahoo still manages to weedle it's way back. :mad:
  15. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Google no longer support their toolbar in Firefox, so I'm stuck with Chrome.
    Hate it!:mad:
    Carl.
  16. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Ah that explains it then. :(
    You could use Firefox and set Google search as your homepage I suppose.
  17. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    All those names from yesteryear certainly conjure up some memories. I had a load of Greenwood and Ball, Lassett and Series 77 (my favourite) in my 'Job application' portfolio. I remember going for an interview at a model making company in High Holborn and was offered the job based on my work but they said I had to start on apprentice wages because I didn't have any certificates. I was self-taught and they said the unions would be on their case if they paid me what I was worth. I couldn't afford to take the job but the boss of the company bought half my stock of painted figures.
    Wings5797 likes this.
  18. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Hi Roger,
    A google anorak then? So are you a cagoogle???
    Cheers,
    Keith
    billyturnip and Helm like this.
  19. Helm A Fixture

England
    If I can work out how to use this damn scanner I will scan in a few pics of the DEK stuff from some old Mil Mods I have
  20. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Yes Steve,
    I remember the sculpt of Mick the drum horse (of the 11th Hussars ?) great model.
    This is a great thread Steve. I wouldn't mind coming out of it with an All the Queens Men Figure.

Cheers,
    Keith