1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Alive History Miniatures News: Egyptian Warrior

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by alexseyk, Jan 22, 2019.

1. alexseyk Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Hi!
    I want present first figure in new serie

The Battle of Kadesh Serie will be include different egyptian warriors, chariots and hittite warriors too
    Size 54 mm, white metal, steel weapon
    Sculptor Dm. Shevtsov
    Artist K. Kurbatova
    If you have any question or want buy this figure or other, please, write me: alexseyk65@mail.ru

1-1.jpg 2-2.jpg 3-3.jpg 4-4.jpg 5-5.jpg
    DaddyO, grenadier, Edorta and 6 others like this.
  2. Oda A Fixture

One more magnificent release by this dedicated and commited company.Love it and of course want it.The battle of Kadesh being a favorite chapter in history I intend to collect all the pieces relevant to it by this company.Well done indeed.!!

Oda.
    Reptor likes this.
  3. Reptor A Fixture

Japan
    Still a very nice piece for the range Alive History, it is rare to see companies dared to release this type of piece and it is a pleasure to be able to buy them! Thank you (y):love:
    Oda likes this.
  4. Romariogendalf A Fixture

Greece
    just cool!
    Oda likes this.
  5. Red Five Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice figure but it looks to have been copied directly from a certain Osprey book which was described to me as a “nice bit of fiction” by a friend of mine whilst working on his doctorate on bronzeage weaponry.

The heart shaped object over the groin was almost certainly just a belt or garment tie which was styalised by contemporary artistic depictions and not some padded armour which would hinder movement.

I’ve constructed a New Kingdom shield in the past and I am not aware of any flat ones being found. Flat shields absorb a blow rather than deflect and suffer damage more easily as a result.

If you need any pointers as to what Hittites or Egyptians looked like at Kadesk please contact me. I’d copy archaeology more so than artistic depictions.

The Khopesh was generally a heavy weapon, I reproduced the one in the British museum which has a 5mm thicknes and has tyextrnsins if a wooden hilt.

Andrew.
    DaddyO likes this.