1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Open Book ALIVE AND KICKING

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Oda, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Oda A Fixture

Greetings to all planeteers.I am a new member.I had been thinking of joining up for a long time and finally found the nerve to do it.I would like to start my "career" as a planeteer by reviewing a product I came upon through PlanetFigure.You see it was through PlanetFigure that I found the e-mail address of Aleksey of Alive History Miniatures.Quite amazed by the firm's mycenaean range I ordered 5 early mycenaean warriors and the latest release,a war chariot.Aleksey was a pleasure to work with.He responded to my every mail almost immediately,kept track of my package reporting back to me about its whereabouts every two days(he even knew when the package was in my hometown before I received a notice from the post).All this was a welcome surprise but the biggest surprise came when I opened the boxes.Sandwiched securely between two layers of protective foam where the figures.Let me tell you that the box art,though beautiful,doesn't even begin to do justice to the pieces.Their detail is superb,their anatomic proportions excellent,the casting is close to impeccable with almost no mould lines(keep in mind that most of the warriors are naked which means that even the slightest line would stand out).The metal is of the highest quality.All in all an excellent product with a great price to value ratio.I will try to post some pictures in a future thread(I am a bit of a dinosaur though when it comes to technology,but I will do my best).So there you have it,my initiation to this wonderfull community and a product I found through this very same community.Hope to be able to post a lot more.Best wishes to all figure lovers.
    stoffy01 likes this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Oda ,

Big welcome to PF

The company sounds really good for the figures can we have some pictures perhaps of the items

Nap
  3. Oda A Fixture

I promise to do my best in the next few days.

Oda
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  4. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Welcome Oda! Glad you made it.

Like Nap, I wanted to take a look at the AHM figures also. Knew that Soga Miniatures was a vendor of Alive History Miniatures, so Googled up the Soga web site and my Malwarebytes software immediately blocked their site.

If anyone knows a contact at Soga, could you let them know (e-mail or similar - without going to their site) that malware may have infected their site? Malwarebytes is a pretty good malware detection software, but not foolproof. Alerting Soga and letting them check their site seems the right thing to do. Don't shoot the messenger on this one folks. :cautious::)

In the meantime, googling "Alive History Miniatures", immediately produces page after page of images of their miniatures.

All the best,
    Dan
  5. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Mate welcome to the site , you have gone to the dark side of which there is no return .......really there is no return ......cue echo laughter trailing away lol
    Glad to have you on board
  6. Oda A Fixture

https://gr-mg42.mail.yahoo.com/app/minty/compose?to-field=alexseyk65@mail.ru
    Good day to you all gents and thank you for the warm welcome.As for the company I never went through Soga Miniatures and yes if you just Google them you only end up with a bunch of pics.Try the e-mail address given above.It brings you to contact with Aleksey,the owner or perhaps the man responsible for marketing their products,a very helpful and professional person as I have already mentioned.This worked for me.P.S:I have not forgoten my promise to post pictures and a few notes on historical acuracy(another plus for AHM),it's just that the wife is down with the flu and she is the one supposed to give me the speed-course on how to upload pics.Have a wonderful and creative day,gentlemen.
  7. Dekiman Well-Known Member

Welcome to PF.
    I hope you will enjoy in our hobby.