1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Alien Pile (kit) paint-up

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by sivousplay, Oct 7, 2010.

1. sivousplay New Member

United-States
    Hello,

This is my most recent piece. A very cool kit (around 1/7 scale) from Fewture Models sculpted by the master Takayuki Takeya. I tried to go for a color scheme on the domes that both incorporated the greens from Giger and the blues from the lighting in the movies to give them the appropriately creepily-lit look.

The amount of detail on this kit is staggering and it took at least 60 hours to paint. The main alien on the top has a clear plastic dome that allows you to see some of the very cool detail sculpted below. I had to very carefully shade it w/ some inks to give it the same color scheme as the non-clear domes and yet allow it to retain its clarity.

One last painting note ... no metallic paint was used on the kit anywhere ... it's all very careful shading and some sheen from some ink and future.

If you'd like to see more pics, please visit my site at:
    http://sivousplay.com/html/resin.html

I hope you like it ... it was a total blast to paint!!
    jim

Attached Files:

2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Love the effect on the head, that is if it's the head.
    Outstanding work,
    Carl.
  3. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Spectaular work Jim (y), Future FloorWax (Kleer in the UK) is a great finish, airplane modelers love it.
  4. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice work Jim! If I'm not mistaken, I think I saw this one over on the Cluhouse. Fantastic work!

Jay H.
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Fabulous fantasy work.

marc
  6. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    STUNNING(y)
  7. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
  8. sivousplay New Member

United-States
    Thanks for the kind words everyone ... I am very pleased that you all like it.

jim
  9. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice

Extremely well painted.
  10. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Jim,
    Very nice painting on what would be a hard kit to do, with all the entangled Alien body parts. You have done an excellent job on this one. I also had a look at your website, you are a very accomplished painter, flesh tones and detail work is awesome and your choice of colours is exceptional. Keep posting your stuff please
    Ben