1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Alien Pile 54mm: The Beginning

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Frank-Holger, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Frank-Holger Member

Long time I haven´t sculpted anything new, more playing around here and there on elder projects. But now I have begun sculpting something new, which interests me since I saw the Origininal from Takeya: An Alien Pile. I wanted it to have in 54mm (1:32) so I kitbashed it. The whole figures are sculpted new with I hope a lot of interesting details. The figures will be arranged on and in a hole in the ground of a rotten technical base (this is different from Takeyas Masterpiece). The fist two are more or less finished, only the arms and fins on the back are missing). The "Hero" alien from atop the bunch is the only full figure, the rest will be more or less parts alone, mostly heads.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

More will follow. The sitting alien in 45mm high, the half one 25mm.

Thanks for looking!

Frank
  2. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Very cool, I like it. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.

Cheers
    Roc
  3. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    not really my subject but perhaps a challence to paint
  4. Frank-Holger Member

Thanks, Guys! Roc, there will be more creatures, so 7 or 8 all crawling over each other (like in the original sculpt from Takeya).

Vergilius: The painting will be done with lots of washings in sand- and fleshtones. Thanks for looking!

Frank
  5. Rommel New Member

Russian-Federation
  6. AJLaFleche Well-Known Member

"Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?"
    Looking great!
  7. Frank-Holger Member

Thanks guys! We will see how it ends!

Frank
  8. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Frank, will your pieces go commercial?

Cheers
    Roc
  9. Frank-Holger Member

Roc, I do not know... First, there is the licensing and second, I have to think about this. I have a few requests, especially on this piece, but I would like to finish it and than I can see what will happen. IF it goes comercially, than as a completed "one of a kind" thing, fully finished and painted. It is small scale, and the whole pile will be only "a few inch" in diameter. But I hope, the base will be as cool as possible.

Fank