1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Alice In Wonderland White Rabbit

Discussion in 'Digis - Digital Miniatures 3D Modeling' started by Ethan, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    The website is now up and running! and we have 2 of the 3 molds finished and cast parts are being processed this week! As soon as the last mold is finished I will post up the cast pics; check out my thread on NEWS to get additional info and please visit www.acereplicas.com to check out the product and place orders! I am doing the first run of 25 kits this week and will hopefully be ready to ship this weekend after Thanksgiving. Thanks to all of you for checking this out and posting comments! This thread isn't finished yet so look for all the final pictures soon. Then it's on to start modeling Alice!
    RKapuaala likes this.
  2. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    Here's some pics of the cast rabbit.

First un-primed figure without base. This is the poly resin blend I made with Aluminum added. This blend sands really nicely and if you want a metal like finish you can buff through the plastic and the metal shines through.

no_prime_cleaned-1.jpg

no_prime_cleaned-3.jpg

Now the primed figure with cane added

Primed-1.jpg

Primed-3.jpg

Primed-5.jpg
    RKapuaala likes this.
  3. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    Here we go!

First some cast parts.

Base
    Cast_parts-1.jpg

Legs
    Cast_parts-2.jpg

Torso
    Cast_parts-3.jpg

Ears will be here shortly.

And the finished Kit!

Finished cast_wbase-1.jpg

Finished cast_wbase-2.jpg

Finished cast_wbase-3.jpg

Finished cast_wbase-4.jpg
  4. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    Also sorry; a comparison for size with an Andrea 90mm Roman soldier

size_comparison-1.jpg
  5. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    Ethan,
    I was wondering was part of the assembly of your machine treating the plate? I am thinking of buying the b9 creator as the formlabs is way over budget for me, but I don't know if I like the idea of assembling it if I have to bake the finish on the plate.
  6. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    The vat that holds the resin already has an optical silicon cured on the printing surface. However during printing experimentation the layer may have to be replaced. Its a terribly simple process though and not very expensive. I'd say go for it. For the money its great but you have to be patient while you figure it all out.
    RKapuaala likes this.