1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Alice In Wonderland, The White Rabbit Digital-150mm

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Ethan, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    It's been a while since I have posted anything artistic and I have decided to finally show you all what I have been doing most of the summer!

I am an adult student, going back to school to get into 3d character modeling for movies and games. I have decided to take my talents on the computer and turn them into a small line of figures, to be sold to help get me through school.

My first project, Alice In Wonderland's, White Rabbit; is coming close to completion so I have decided to start showing all of you what I hope to have ready to ship in September. Below are some WIP shots and a most recent shot of the UN-POSED version of this figure. I still have a lot of detail work to do including the over coat, dress shirt, posing the figure, and all accessories.

The White Rabbit will stand 150mm to the crown of the head and will include a walking cane and stylized base. If this is successful I will continue the line with a total of 5 figures from Alice in Wonderland.

white_rabbit_first_5.jpg

white_rabbit_1.jpg

white_rabbit_2.jpg

white_rabbit_3.jpg

white_rabbit_4.jpg

white_rabbit_6.jpg

Attached Files:

gordy likes this.
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very cool! I totally dig it (y) The texture on the waistcoat is incredible. :joyful:
    Ethan likes this.
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Superb Ethan.
    Carl.(y)
    Ethan likes this.
  4. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    UPDATE! The rabbit is finally posed! I have started doing the wrinkles and fine detail. Added the necktie, cane, and base. Still a lot more detail work to do but it is getting close! I am redoing the hands and adding pockets to the suitcoat as well.

posed1.jpg

posed2.jpg

posed3.jpg
    Kisifer and captnenglish like this.
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Bless my ears and whiskers! Very nice, will he have his pocket watch Ethan?

Roger.
    Ethan likes this.
  6. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Ethan likes this.
  7. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    billyturnip: I am debating that accessory. After reading the story the watch played a very minor role and it was disney that made that piece important. We shall see!

pokrad: Thanks but I'll stick around here since I am going to be printing it and it will then be a legit sculpture. You are right and I should post in there as well.
  8. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    Complete first Render.jpg It's finished! Almost anyway. I still have to do all the prep for printing and casting but here is a fully rendered image with a color option.