1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Alice In Wonderland Series

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Ethan, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    Introducing Alice in Wonderland’s, White Rabbit. This kit is 150mm scale and at five-foot-two-inches, the White Rabbit stands 137mm tall containing 5 high quality poly-aluminium-resin pieces.

WR_Label.jpg

In the story of Alice in Wonderland; the White Rabbit played the part of the Queen’s Herald. He was a selfish, pompous character to all underlings he was in contact with and at the same time he was a timid, groveling fool when in the presence of the Queen or any of his betters. I wanted to bring this kit to life in a much more real, dark way; by showing the Rabbit for who he truly is. He is not a kind, furry rabbit but a creature that cannot be trusted and will do anything to get the better of you.

This kit, sculpted and painted by Ethan Brackin; is one of a series of 5 Alice in Wonderland kits that will be produced over the next year.

The kit is 60.00 plus UPS shipping and we are doing our first run with 25 kits.

We are a family owned and operated business run by two brothers Ethan and Zachary Brackin. Both of us are digital sculptors and we have created this unique workshop to bring talents in the digital modeling industry to YOU in kit form! Our sole purpose is to create figures and replicas of the highest quality; all digitally and then produce them ourselves with a 3D printer and other production tools. From start to finish our projects never leaves our hands; ensuring only the best techniques and materials are used to make our kits and replicas; from the unique blends of resins and polymer materials to our packaging and shipping.

As of right now we are beginning the casting process and making some small changes to the prototypes for better production. Below you will find and example of our casting.

All orders right now are PRE ORDER and I expect to be able to ship kits by the weekend following Thanksgiving
    100_1473-1.jpg
    100_1483-1.jpg

Attached Files:

2. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ethan best wishes in your new venture and looking forward to seeing the next in the range.

Cheers Ken
    Ethan likes this.
  3. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Ken!

I am making some description changes to my website so here is a bit extra on The White Rabbit and my ideas behind the art.

In reality, Lewis Carroll's famous White Rabbit is very much unlike Disney's cute bumbling bunny or even the nervous, twitchy Nivens McTwisp in the Tim Burton film. Carroll's White Rabbit is dressed for court and a bit foppish in white kid gloves and a fan. He has a "shrill little voice" and employs a housemaid named Mary Ann whom he treats like a drudge.

"Run home this moment," he orders Alice, mistaking her for his servant, "and fetch me a pair of gloves and a fan! Quick, now!" reminiscent of the despised Marquis St. Evrémonde of Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities who, after killing a child with his carriage, comments to the gathering villagers, "It is extraordinary to me that you people cannot take care of yourselves and your children. One or the other of you is forever in the way. How do I know what injury you have done to my horses?"

Alice was "so much frightened" by the Rabbit's manner "that she ran off at once in the direction it pointed to, without trying to explain the mistake that it had made."

When he found his house occupied by the giant Alice, the White Rabbit strutted in to dispatch the intruder. Hearing his footsteps on the stairs, despite the fact that she was many times larger than he, Alice "trembled till she shook the house."

Failing in his attempt, the White Rabbit ordered Bill, the handyman, to rid the house of her. "Do as I tell you, you coward!" he shouted, when the lizard balked.

Finally, he ordered the house to be burned and the giant to be stoned ("A barrowful will do, to begin with.")

Though an arrogant bully with those he considered his inferiors, we soon see him as a cowering toady in the presence of the Red Queen.

This, then, is the true White Rabbit of Alice in Wonderland, who, via his rabbit hole, moved freely and stealthily between two worlds.
  4. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ethan likes this.
  5. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    Alright, today is a day of pictures!

First off is the completed figure without base; not primed but with cleaned up seams. As soon as a I have my next cast I will have pics of all parts and the piece together with seams showing.

AS OF RIGHT NOW WE ARE OPEN FOR BUSINESS!! As I said before I am initially making 25 kits and if you guys want more I will order more packaging and keep going. Please let me know what you think of the kit. This is my first figure and I want nothing more than to please all of you!

no_prime_cleaned-1.jpg

no_prime_cleaned-2.jpg

no_prime_cleaned-3.jpg

no_prime_cleaned-4.jpg

The primed figure will be coming shortly as well as a scale comparison
  6. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    Primed, With cane. Each kit will get the same brass that fits on the end of the cane handle.

Primed-1.jpg

Primed-2.jpg

Primed-3.jpg

Primed-4.jpg

Primed-5.jpg
  7. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    Here are the cast parts

Cast_parts-1.jpg Cast_parts-2.jpg Cast_parts-3.jpg

And the finished Kit!

Finished cast_wbase-1.jpg Finished cast_wbase-2.jpg Finished cast_wbase-3.jpg Finished cast_wbase-4.jpg

Size comparison with a 90mm Roman Soldier

size_comparison-1.jpg