1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Alfred Radolin Radolinski - 54 mm Piece Unique

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MAB, Mar 29, 2008.

1. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Dear Friend of Planet .... this is one of my last job for one Collector
    The piece is 54mm scale and the putty is like always Magic - Milliput and Duro .

The paint Job it is entrusted to the skillful hands for Emiliano Iacobacci.

And large thanks go to Francesco Simoncini for the historical Search and all the material that he have supplied me.

Thanks to all and sorry for the my long absence :)

Saluti MAB ;)

Alfred Von Radolin
    Born on 1864 was son of a former german ambassador in France of polish ancestors. The sitter sports a gala dress (galaanzug) , in the photo shot he is portrayed as a second leutnent in Husarenregiment n. 7 (1st Rheinisches), date on card is in 1888 with his signature. In 1890 he was enlisted in the Garde du Corps. This order of dress is quite unusual because german high ranking hussars officers wore, together with parade attila and sash , breeches with elaborate lace only in gala after 1868, subaltern officers didn't . In undress (dienstanzug) and parade dress trousers for officers were of plain dark blue, without lace except a side lace of gold or silver colour, for all regiments. The 7th HR continued to make use of coloured breeches up to WW1 for gala purposes and poppy-red was the regimental colour. Another peculiar feature of the regiment is the busby cypher with royal monogram WR, without scroll. Later in 1888 a "I" was added to the plate. Order on chest is the Osmanje star, a turkish order often awarded to prussian officers.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Attached Files:

2. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Beautiful job Maurizio.
    Brian
  3. callum Member

Stunning work.

Regards Callum.
  4. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Compliments Maurizio!!
    christos
  5. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    Top class !!!
    So what happend with Alfred later on?
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent work Maurizio.
    It was a long time we see some work of you.
    Well, it was worth waiting.

marc
  7. Mark S Guest

Another beautiful piece,Maurizio.
    Well done.
  8. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Maurizio my friend, that's a really great piece. We really missed your works. Take care amico.

Xenofon
  9. houzard New Member

Italy
    ....Alfred was detached to General-stab in 1897, became a Rittmeister à-la-suite in 1901-2, he married grafin Henrietta Konigsmark, got two kids and died in Wiesbaden on feb. 13, 1910.
    Hi
    Francesco
    ( credits for the biographical notes to Jerome Lantz http:www.hussards-photos.com )
    all shots shown on Maurizio's post are copyrighted
    the portrait photos is from my own collection,
    pics mainly from:
    D.H.Hagger "Hussars and mounted Rifles" Almark
    P.Sanders " Uniforms and Acc. of Imperial German Hussars" Schiffer Military History
    and many others.
    Thanks to Maurizio and Emiliano for the beautiful job
  10. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful sculpting Maurizio.
  11. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    Beautiful sculpting Maurizio! The painting is very well done too. :) Those references photos are awesome. The sword is quite elaborate.
  12. Doberdob Active Member

Another great sculpting and painting.Compliments.
  13. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    For those of us that like to paint 19th C German subjects, it's truly a shame that this is one Bruno piece that won't be on the market
  14. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Breathtaking. Seriously. Maurizio - I always look forward to your posts! I say to myself - he can't possibly surpass the last one. And yet, you always do. Wow!

All the best,
    Dan
  15. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Maurizio,
    Just stunning and a beauty of a figure. Also Emiliano did a great job on the painting and lace on the pants.
    Cheers
    John
  16. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Amazing work as always Maurizio from both you and Emiliano . really nice detailis , and painting shows them off.

Best regards

Costas
  17. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hi Brian - Callum - Christos - Marc - Vergilius - Mark - Xenofon - Guy - Wendy - Primoz - Matthew - Dan - John and Costas

Thanks to all for the good comment is ono very pleasure to receive it :)

For Matthew .... :) sorry but not always some subjects have a large reply like piece from production.

For Francesco - Thanks to you for the optimal documentation... without of it cannot be had one good result .

For Dan - my friend don't worry ..... the important is ... continue to amuses it self.

Saluti to all MAB :)
  18. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Maurizio and Emiliano, fantastic work as usual gentlemen. Well done!

Jay H.
    OKc
  19. Bad91Fellow Member

Germany
    Great work!

Lennart
  20. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hi Lay and Lennart ...... thank guys for the comments ;)
    Saluti MAB