1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Alferez de Santiago

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Edson, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Edson Member

Mexico
    Hi guys, new figure has come, and a new Review has born, lol hope you like it, all comments and suggestions or questions about the kits are welcome.

Review

cheers
    Ed
  2. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Ed, excellent review,well done.

Roc. :)
  3. Augie Active Member

United-States
    Edson,

Thank you for the kind words and the thorough presentation.

I am glad to see the molds are holding up. Believe it or not, your casting is a sight better than the production prototypes--not a problem. . . it's better that way! ;)

The only real potential shortcoming that I see is the dog-legged swordblade--that might prove to be problematic in the long run.

As you will find out, the left forearm will need to be pinned to the arm, and the standard will need to be pinned to the former: I was hoping that the forearm would be cast around a steel rod, but alas. . .

Regarding the groundwork, the base was sculpted to represent a rocky shoreline, but it could be "interpreted" in any number of ways--and has been!--most effectively.

Finally, the matter of the reference guide. As always, I provided EM with a comprehensive three-part refsheet: historical background; suggested colour guide; and select bibliography; it was formatted per their specifications. Given the last couple of reviews re: Elite Miniaturas figures, however, it appears EM has dispensed with including any type of "reference" at all, relying entirely on the boxart. A real shame on several counts, not the least being that a Spanish company should treat such a little-known, albeit illustrious, Spanish subject in this manner: the Hospitallers/Knights of Malta was not the only military order who played a critical role in defense of their island home.

Un abrazo,

[IMG]

PS--I have attached my rendition of the figure, representing the standard-bearer of the KoM in the Piccolo Soccorso, who appears next to Muñatones in d'Aleccio's fresco. Unfortunately, AFAIK, his name remains unknown, but he appears to have been Italian. A~

Attached Files:

4. Edson Member

Mexico
    Gracias a ti Compa!

:lol:
  5. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Edson,another informative and VERY useful review (y) ! Thank you very much for taking the trouble to do it ! Much appreciated. Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  6. Edson Member

Mexico
    My pleasure buddy!![IMG]

Cheers
    Ed :lol:
  7. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    These are the kind of reviews that I really find useful.
    Edson's basic review with Augie's additional comments are the detail I like to see in review. Although this is not a piece I am interested in, I appreciate the effort.

Woud you pls do a review for:
    Pegaso 54 mm Grand Master, Teutonic Order
    And
    Soldiers 90 mm Knight Templar

:lol:

Keith
  8. Augie Active Member

United-States
    Hi Keith,

First of all, thank you for your kind commets.

As to the figures for which you have requested reviews, I don't own any of them, so any impressions would be limited to whatever might be gleaned from images (Web) and photographs, and would tend to focus on the historicity of said pieces, something that is usually met with a lukewarm, if not dismissive, reception.

BTW, Pegaso has released no less than four so-called/alleged Hochmeisters/Grand Masters TK in 54mm: ref. nos. 27, 161, 162, and the mounted 512.

Again, thanks.

[IMG]
  9. Edson Member

Mexico
    Hi Keith thanks for your comments, maybe yes I could make a Review from the Pegaso 54 mm Grand Master, Teutonic Order (one of my wish list :) ) but about the Soldiers 90 mm Knight Templar lol I dont´t think so sorry.

Cheers
    Ed :)