1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Alexander 200mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by pinsel, Apr 4, 2011.

1. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    this is the 200mm young alexander painted the head with revell acrylics

Attached Files:

dArtagnan, gordy and Gary D like this.
  2. Gary D PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    I really like the ruddy appearance of this Markus! He looks like he belongs in the great outdoors. I can see that this is going to turn out very nice!

Gary
  3. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello gary
    thanks for your comment
    well now the dreaded whites have to be made in cuirass and cloak.will see how it will end
    cheers
  4. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Markus, great work on the face and I lok forward to following. I assume from your comments regarding the dreaded white cloak and cuirass you're being true to the boxart and the movie, but surely Alexandra had more than one change of clothing and uniform. Just a thought. ;)

Cheers Ken
  5. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello ken
    yes but your idea is really good it could give more contrast while the cuirass would be mostly white i could do an different cloak....green might be an nice idea maybe with an embroidered seam...
    here is an little fellow you might know
    i did him as infantry member
    and its an lovely bust
    cheers

Attached Files:

gordy likes this.
  6. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Markus, yes it does look kinda familiar , great painting and a nice touch adding the Iron Cross. Impressed. (y)

Cheers Ken
  7. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Agreed (y)

BTW, I've never seen Revell paints like that before, looks like billiard chalk!
  8. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello gordy
    give them an try.i like them .the jar is more practic than the ever clogging bottle of other brands.and they are quite cheap
    and the dry very matt
    cheers