1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Albert Ball vc - improving Carl Reid sculpts

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by david pickford, Feb 22, 2014.

1. david pickford Active Member

Hecky- heh, heh I don't know you so I won't argue lad...
  2. david pickford Active Member

Oh babel fish! sorry missed that. ouch! well done lad...
  3. carl reid A Fixture

England
    Listen David, you eally haven't ruffled my feathers. Truly!

I'm a hefty skinhead, with a missing tooth, and almost every bone bone broke in my hands from previously coliurful life. Who has sculpted for corporations like Guinness, Lamborgini, the Royal Mint etc. So believe me my feathers are not ruffled!

But really need to change your approach! This is a great that operates on a friendly basis, that really don't need shacking up!

The old saying goes "if it ain't broke don't fix it"!

I'm not sure if think this site exists on cronyism and back slapping? Because it doesn't! We're all friends who try and help each other!

Carl
  4. david pickford Active Member

OK Carl, listen, I'm sorry lad. You are the gold standard in sculpting and I'm - not.

I'm really into modelling right now, so I couldn't resist throwing this in. I did it about 2-3 weeks ago and it took a few Saturday night drinks to post it. No disrespect to you- infact I thought you would just dismiss it- as much as I thought about it at all! I forgot the modelling community is a small one!
  5. carl reid A Fixture

England
    No need to keep apologising David!

Just embrace the forum for what it is! Its a good place to be, you will gain all the advise and encouragement you need here, by not only great modellers, but great folks also!

Put this behind you and move to better things!

Believe me, you will gain so much here. Not to mention great friends!

Keep pushing the putty buddy!

Carl
  6. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Honestly Carl, if I've told you once I've told you a billion times, DON'T EXAGERATE!!!
    Best wishes, Gary.
    carl reid likes this.
  7. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    I would sincerely love to see Carl improve on of my sculpts once. you know, like a pass on.

but it's true what I noticed him say along here...it demands patience our hobby to develop a style to satisfactory.
    When reaching a certain level of being content of how you work out your concept I sometimes have gentle thoughts about how the 'settled' sculptors would have done my task.
    If they wanted at all.

Just respect the uniqueness of each ones work and person.

René
    housecarl likes this.
  8. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I'm all for opinion, and David you're fully entitled to yours. But if you're going to offer your opinion, please do so with respect please, any criticism should be constructive and not be slanderous. I know you were trying to be deliberately controversial, but it didn't work.

Blimey, a Bluenose standing up for a Villan, what's the world coming to Carl? ;).
  9. polyphemus Well-Known Member

Part of the problem here is that what might pass as banter in a social context can appear very different on the typed screen even with a generous sprinkling of emoticons. I've seen organisations and individuals get themselves into all sorts of difficulties with written communications which would have been taken very differently in a verbal contact accompanied by the appropriate facial and body language.

Geoff
  10. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    And I think it's incumbent on us all not to rise to the bait where controversy seems to be the objective. I find writing the response often gets it out of my system. You don't have to post it. :)

Colin
    Filipe, Funky50 and housecarl like this.
  11. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You can't come from Birmingham and not have a thick skin :)
  12. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    There is no barbed wire round this forum david
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  13. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    For fecks sake David! Drop the dead donkey :)
  14. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That would be an interesting self portrait :eek:
  15. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Don't they all look like that.;)
    Rich Sculpts likes this.
  16. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Even with broken hands he sculpts better than then rest of us - dam him! :mad:
    ChaosCossack and napoleonpeart like this.
  17. Noel Walker Active Member

Well aside from everything else, the last picture of the young mister Ball looks a lot like Dermot Mulroney, seriously though the guy looks all of maybe 18 those dudes had some balls back then for sure
  18. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Over 2000 views and over 50 replies?

Stop feeding the fucking Troll!
  19. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    I do not want to feed the f*cking troll, but it must be said that Carl Reid´s posture on this was exemplary, both dealling with the "joke" as giving advices even after that.

Many other people (me included) would probably just escalate the issue. Congrats to that.

Ps: Yes, i am being indulgent, flaterrer, apple polisher, ass kisser, and that in return i will get 72 virgins and free busts for a year, whatever.
  20. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    kellyoddball.jpg Davie, This is a FRIENDLY site, where FRIENDS share there work, suggestions, and help. FRIENDS is what this site is all about Davie, and with all your NEGATIVE comments, I highly doubt you've made any FRIENDS here. SG(n)(n)(n)