1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Alamo Scout pt.6

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by John Long, Sep 22, 2004.

1. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Here's the finished project. Some small details to add. Just in time for Chicago.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    John, Very very nice. As always the groundwork compliments the figure really well. What did you use for the laces on the gaiters?~Gary
  3. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Great looking figure to include the setting John. I enjoyed watching this come together as well as learning a lot from watching you do this. Thanks. Enjoy Chicago. I wish I could go but other things have come up more important. It should do well for you.

Good luck,
    Jim Patrick
  4. Roc Active Member

United-States
    John, very nice work,your best work to date.

Keep up the the good work.

Cheers,

Roc. :)
  5. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent John!

Looking foreard to see it in person soon! What is your next sculpting project?
  6. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey John,

Really nice. Your groundwork always compliments your figures. I look forward to seeing it in Chicago.

Joe
  7. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Thanks gang. It was a fun project that tested my patience a little. I lost the right arm after it was painting and awaiting attachment. I wound up sculpting another and about three days later my wife found the original on top of the freezer. The hat had to be done three or four different times.

Gary, the leggings are not my own. I scavenged them from the scrap box at the Michael Roberts Ltd. booth in Atlanta.
  8. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    lol John...why didn't you check on top of the freezer...that a no brainer! :lol:
  9. Pete_H New Member

Looking good, John. Looking real good. I particularly like how you've got the groundwork behind the torso, showing how the camouflage blends right in. Neat effect (y)
  10. bucsfan21 Well-Known Member

United-States
    John, You continue to amaze me. I really like the pose of your Alamo Scout. The groudwork is awesome. I am looking forward to your seminar this coming February at our Atlanta Show! What is next on your work bench?

Best of Everything, Terry Martin
  11. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work John...............I really enjoy seeing your creations.
  12. y_wong New Member

Dear John, a very well done vignette !

regards :)
  13. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Thanks guys. No real big projects on the bench right now. I am working on a light conversion of Art Girona's ACW Cavalry Officer. It's almost done and will be hopefully by Chi-time.
  14. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    John, great piece. And that groundwork ???? Have fun in chicago

Stephen Mallia