1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Alabardero de las Guardias Españolas. Reinado de Carlos I.

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Osebor, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    It has been a long while from my last post. From time to time, real world interferes with our hobby. Nonetheless, I managed to finish this piece from Pegaso: Halberdier of the Spanish Guard, 16th Century.
    A challenging figure, not only because the colour scheme and intricate detail, but also by the sword's flimsiness, and some adjustment issues, notably the left arm/cape, and its interaction with the sword's scabbard. As it is, I was unable to rest the left hand onto the hilt.
    Also, you will notice the halberd shaft a little distorted: That’s because after gluing it, the figure tilted over the bench, an if I tried to straighten it, the hand would get loose…
    In the end, a satisfactory (if tiresome) work, and a colourful one.
    All painting with acrylics, and NMM.
    Hope you like it
    Regards,
    Javier
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    fermatgom, Edorta, Grod and 7 others like this.
  2. Landrotten Highlander Well-Known Member

Reminds me a bit of the Captain of the Black Ship in the TC-series 'Shogun': similar sharp features
  3. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    Really the sculpt is first class... and it is 75 mm. Thanks for the like!
  4. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Beautiful painting great work

Mobo
  5. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    Thanks, Mobo...
  6. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Some excellent painting there. You've done some difficult things on this one. Nice job.
  7. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Painting yellow and orange are a trail by fire and you have pulled it off, superb painting.
  8. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    Thanks, folks! Those compliments are truly encouraging...